2006 Subaru Outback

2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
Money pit by Andrea from BC, Canada on 07/29/2011. Trim: 2006 Subaru Outback 2.5 i Limited Wagon, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Nice looking car. Handles well in the snow and ice. Heated seats are an awesome feature.
Cons: I had to replace the head gaskets at 100,000 KMS. Rear tires where worn out after 20,000 KMS of use. Have been told that both of these are known "subaru problems". Spent $4000 in 2 months on head gaskets and new tires on a vehicle that only had 100,000 KM on it.
Overall review: Would not buy a subaru again after the huge cost that I have had to put into what I think is still a fairly new car!
The Snow Wagon by Mal PA on 09/09/2008. Trim: 2006 Subaru Outback 2.5 i Wagon, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Best car in snow. Good fuel milege for awd. 29.1 summer 25-26 winter. Very good ride on highway. Ground clearence. Outside and inside detail and appearance. 17 inch wheels. Heated seats mirrors and wipers.
Cons: 200 tread wear potenza Bridgestone tires, gone at 35000. Seat to steering wheel relationship. My legs are to close are arms are streched. Steering wheel should be about 1-2 inches closer to driver.Windows need to be framed by door, glass on rubber makes for alot of wind noise. I purchased window vent shades to cut noise level. Higher center console. The worst radio I ever had in a new car. Poor reception and speakers.
Overall review: I find myself driving to fast for road conditions on snow. The car handles ok on dry roads, not a sports car,but station wagon with 8 inches of clearence. Put it on snow and this thing performs. Goes better than my 4 wheel drive truck. I,m upgrading my tires and stereo. Adding a hitch and transmission cooler, for towing. A great practical car with options you don't find on others in this price range.
Fair all wheel drive car by Cheryl on 08/19/2007. Trim: 2006 Subaru Outback 2.5 i Limited Wagon, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Handling in snow is pretty good
Cons: Comfort, driver seat is horrible with a bad back
Overall review: Not very happy with this car, comfort is not good and overall performance is not great
Love my Subaru by Colorado Mama on 11/16/2008. Trim: 2006 Subaru Outback 2.5 i Limited Wagon, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love to drive this car. Had a Ford Explorer Sport Trac for 7 years before this car and I do not miss the truck at all. This car handles great, in snow and on the road in normal conditions it is wonderful. Lots of room in the back for just about anything. Comfortable for myself and passangers, easy to work on.
Cons: The radio has much to be desired. Will have to replace it with something more effective. Once in a while when I start the car the Idle goes crazy for a few minutes, dealership really can't pinpoint the issue but it usually corrects itself. More annoying than anything else.
Overall review: I would reccomend this car to anyone. I never thought I would own a Subaru, boy was I wrong wish I would have owned one earlier.
Outback outstanding by Dark side of the moon child...Denver on 06/17/2008. Trim: 2006 Subaru Outback 2.5 i Limited Wagon, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Reliable
Cons: Electronics are weak point. Sometimes you can turn the car on, and items like the radio and/or other electronic componts will not come ome. Restarting ususally resolves. Rear end suspension is weak. I had a Subaru trailer hitch added, and now it tends to bottom out easily. there appears, after talking with the dealer, no way to beef it up.
Overall review: A very reliable car in winter and summer. My last Subaru lasted 17 years and had 170K miles on it, before I gave it to my daughter who has put another 60K miles on it in 2 years.
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next