2006 Hyundai Tucson

kirkpatrick by mark on 10/11/2010. Trim: 2006 Hyundai Tucson GLS 2.7 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: power and performance, fit and finish
Cons: 2.7 liter has poor fuel consumption,also it is a four wheel drive. Also has little resale value.
Overall review: Mostly satisfied with this car. Very dependable.
BEST SUV EVER! by Anne on 11/12/2008. Trim: 2006 Hyundai Tucson GL 2.0 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Most people I know who complain about the gas mileage of the Tucson are driving the V6 automatic. Mine is the 4-cyl manual and I consistently get 32 mpg doing a combo of highway and city driving - better than my hubby's '03 Corolla. The interior reminded us of our old Honda Civic (which died in a crash) and I find the road noise no worse than any other car in its price range. What sealed the deal though was the comfort. I have a bad back and this was one of the few vehicles which didn't make it worse. We have enough room for our dog in the back along with some luggage and have comfortably travelled with 4 adults and a child in a car seat.
Cons: My only two complaints are 1) the arm rest is too low, even on its "high" setting (which I believe someone else commented on) and the cover to the charging outlet on the back of the console managed to get broken the first month I had it.
Overall review: I never in a million years thought I'd own a Hyundai, but this is by far one of our favorite vehicles. We loved our '04 Civic and this reminds us of it except this has more room and gets about 3 mpg less but it IS an SUV. This is our travel vehicle and in a month will become my "mom-mobile". We bought the most basic model you can get and it still came with power locks, windows, and mirrors; cruise control; heated outside mirrors (which are the best things EVER); roof racks; and better intermittent wipers than our Corolla has. The manual tranny has no problem accelerating even around Baltimore and DC traffic. I managed to scratch the paint on the bumper and on the rear hatch (my own fault completely) within the first few months and 2 years later neither has begun rusting. Mine now has over 44K miles on it and still rides like it's brand new. We've even managed to convince a friend to buy a Hyundai because of this great little SUV.
Totally Dependable by linda from cary nc on 10/29/2008. Trim: 2006 Hyundai Tucson GL 2.0 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I purchased mine in 2006 and I have had absolutely no problems with this ride. I wish the windsheild wipers were better but the warranty and the safety features make up for them. I have driven it everywhere and have enjoyed all the cargo area has to offer. The gas mileage is good.
Cons: The only thing was the windsheild wipers.
Overall review: Great suv my money was well spent. Would definately buy another from the same dealership, great service and great employees.
Wonderful All Around Vehicle by Susan in Denver on 07/29/2008. Trim: 2006 Hyundai Tucson GLS 2.7 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: 8 cup holders! After 2 years I still love it and have not had a single problem the first two years. Very comfortable, logical interior layout. Easy to drive and manuver the seats around for both dog trips, luggage or toting the grandson and his car seat. There is even a neat and organized area for tool storage which I only found months after owning it.
Cons: I bought my car new in 2006 and so far there are only a few minor things I don't like about it. The first noticable issue was the whimpy windshield wipers that always freeze on the window. I've learned to pull them up when the CO weather dictates. Finally it is very slow to accelerate when the AC is running. Not a giddy up type of vehicle but heavy enough that I don't slip around in bad weather and pulling out of or into my drive way (on a significant slope) is easy as pie even with a foot of snow on the ground.
Overall review: I rave about my 06 Tucson to anyone who asks. A close friend bought a Rav4 the year before but wishes she bought the Tucson instead. If Hyundai asked me how to improve it the only thing I would tell them is to improve the excelleration when using the AC and upgrade the front wipers significantly.
Great family transportation in town and on trips. by Richard on 05/20/2008. Trim: 2006 Hyundai Tucson GLS 2.7 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Very dependable, comes nicely equipped and a pleasure to drive. It really is a fun car and great for around town and weekend trips with the family. Very dependable and the service from the dealer is great, I would buy another without a doubt.
Cons: The center arm rest for driver is competely useless as it is set much to far back and well behind the normal position for an arm or elbow. They may as well left it out.
Overall review: It is dependable, not bad on gas and does all I have asked of it. I am very happy with it.