2006 Honda Pilot

Safe, Dependable and Comfortable Ride! by Diane (Cincinnati, OH) on 09/11/2012. Trim: 2006 Honda Pilot EX 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: The Pilot has provided us with safe, dependable and comfortable transportation. It was awesome the day we bought it and continues to impress. If you live in an area that has snow, excessive rain or poor road conditions the Pilot will help you get to your destination safely. I have driven through significant snow, heavy rain & high winds and was impressed with the Pilot's ability to help navigate you through these dangerous driving situations.
Cons: The only issues we experienced are with the lighting requiring frequent replacements, this includes the interior panel control lights and exterior lights. It is also beginning to have some power steering pump noise at 145,000 miles. This should be low to moderate priced repair. It would also be nice if the rear climate control worked better. Otherwise, no complaints. Prior to this car we had owned a couple higher end GM products and experienced CONSTANT problems. Will definitely purchase another Honda Pilot!
Overall review: We bought our Pilot new in '06 & have driven over 145,000 miles. It has been an awesome vehicle for a family of 4, as well as, taking extra passengers when needed. A couple years ago, our car was involved in an accident with a deer on the expressway. It caused over 11,000 dollars worth of damage to the car. My husband and I walked away without a single bruise or bump. The policeman that filed the report was amazed that no one was seriously injured. The body shop repaired it & it is still going strong.... We have done all the routine maintenance,per Honda, & feel confident enough to take it on long road trips. We will be replacing in a few years with another Pilot.
Best SUV Ever by Riley and Rookie's Mom on 10/29/2009. Trim: 2006 Honda Pilot EX 4WD w/Leather and Nav System, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Best car we've ever had!!!
Overall review: Our 2006 Pilot is almost ready for its 60,000 mile tune-up. The only thing we've done at our Honda Service Dept. is regular oil changes and tire rotations. Why would anyone drive anything else?
the good ride by gary on 03/21/2012. Trim: 2006 Honda Pilot EX 4WD w/ Leather and DVD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: great suv
Cons: brakes clunk when applied
Overall review: prior vehicle was a lincoln navagator . like this one better
The best family SUV by Tim from Pittsburgh on 11/30/2009. Trim: 2006 Honda Pilot EX 4WD w/ Leather, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Comfort, comfort, and comfort! The seats in the EX-L are very comfortable on long trips. Also, we purchased an aftermarket iPod adapter from crutchfield for less than $200. Our iPod stays out of sight in the glovebox, and is connected directly to the Pilot's factory stereo system via this adapter. The iPod stays charged and out of sight, we control it right from the Pilot's steering wheel audio controls. Also, I should add, the Pilot's stereo system sounds really nice! Gas Mileage: we get around 16mpg around town. Highway mileage ranges from as low as 20mpg, to as high as 24mpg depending on how many passengers, and whether or not I have my bicycles on the roof rack.
Cons: My only gripe, and there really is only one gripe- is acceleration. If I get really heavy with my foot, the Pilot will take off and is lively enough- however, in doing that, the engine really revs up and destroys my fuel economy. If I'm just lightly getting into it (like when pulling out from a traffic light), I find myself wishing there was a little more power there at lower RPM's. That's the only thing I liked better about the Explorer I owned previously- it had more power in the lower RPM range. But let's be honest here, if Honda put a larger engine in it with more torque, the MPG's would suffer- considering I like the Pilot's gas mileage, it's a worthwhile trade-off for me!
Overall review: We bought our used '06 Pilot in April '09, it had 51K miles on it. In the 7 months we've owned it, we've taken quite a few road trips and have already racked the miles up to 65K. Overall, we couldn't be happier with it. First of all, our Pilot EX-L, with it's heated leather seats and roomy interior, is extremely comfortable. It quite spacious, rides nice, it's quiet, the stereo system sounds nice, it has a cavernous cargo hold for a mid-side SUV, and the interior has lots of places for my wife to stash her junk as well as our baby's stuff. Our previous SUV was a 2003 Ford Explorer, and we are much happier with the comfort, space, and performance of the Pilot. I'm not sure if the Pilot is actually larger than the Explorer, but it feels bigger, which makes it even more surprising that the Pilot delivers better gas mileage.
A Great Dependable SUV by Joe from Orlando on 05/27/2009. Trim: 2006 Honda Pilot EX w/ Leather/DVD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: We love everything about the Honda Pilot. I begged my wife to test drive it and now I will have to pry the steering wheel out of her hands. We have not had one issue or concern with the vehicle and it has over 60,000 miles. Nothing. Zero. Zip. It handles well on wet and dry pavement. It is a fun SUV to drive and very comfortable on a road trips. We average over 19 mpg in mixed driving and over 25 mpg on the highway.
Cons: There isn't one. We would have found something in over 3 years and 60,000 miles.
Overall review: Great family SUV. The DVD gets used all the time by our child. My wife and daughter love that they sit up higher and everyone has plenty of room. It has the availability of three row seating, but we don't use it much. We keep the third row down and use the back for hauling everything. Great vehicle for everyday use in all kinds of conditions.