2006 Subaru Impreza

2006 Subaru Impreza Prices
2006 Subaru Impreza Fuel Economy
I love this ride!! by MJE on 01/06/2011. Trim: 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This Car is quick and responsive. Snow, rain or dry conditions are all feel the same with the AWD. No turbo lagg. Handles like a top notch sports car. Very reliable and driver friendly. The manual is the way to go if you ask me.
Cons: Gas mileage could be better, it is a 4 cyl. after all but guzzles like a SUV. Not too much leg room for rear passengers. I gave the interior an 8 only because the sport seats in the front are not very comfortable on long drives. By long I mean over 3 hour road trips.
Overall review: I bought this car used with 19000 miles on it and it's been a great, fun car, to drive. I was very hesitant to give up my Toyota Tacoma PreRunner for a smaller car but after a few weeks of driving around, I fell in love with driving again. I feel like I just got my drivers license. Every chance I get I want to take it for a spin. It's a truly nice ride. Fast, handles great, good brakes and best of all, it can smoke Mustangs and Camaros.
Great Subaru by Silver Bullet from Sanberdino on 08/13/2010. Trim: 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Handling and power are Awesome! funnest car i have ever owned or even driven for that matter.
Cons: Gets the littlest dings so easy, many many from shopping centers and careless drivers.
Overall review: Excellent car, interior isn't luxury of course but makes it fun and fully customizable! Keep up on maintenance and it is still a very affordable ride, i've had BMW's & Volvo's Great handling cars but upkeep was ridiculous. Not like this ride, WRX Rocks.
Amazing sport car by A mature car enthusiast on 08/14/2009. Trim: 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STi, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Power, handling, responsive at any speed, minimal turbo lag
Cons: Cheap interior
Overall review: This car is very fast! should keep it away from inexperience drivers. Turbo lag is minimal. Power is available at all range. Handling is excellent. I traded my 2009 Mustang GT for this used 06 STI. It's like day and night. For cars under 40K I rate this STI a little below Mazda RX8 in term of handling and fun factor. But in term of overall points: power, quick response, handling, stability at high speed, all seasons and all conditions car, and utility I rate it over RX8, 350 Z, S2000, MX5, MazdaSpeed3, Civic Si, and of course, Mustang GT (truck). I haven't driven Evo and BMW 1 series yet but will see. If this car has the transmission like the S2000 then it's hard to pass on this car.
Review ID: #541934 Is this review offensive?
Best in it's class for the money. by Shawn on 09/02/2007. Trim: 2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Excellent power for its class, FUN to drive, great range and gas mileage, the very best car to own in the snow, reliable, great interior style and comfort. Safety!
Cons: My 2.5i didn't come with as many options as I'd like to have gotten for what I paid. Sunroof, media player jack for the stereo, option for premium sound system and tinted windows would have all been really nice. I also wasn't really big on the exterior styling for 2006, but looks aren't everything for me. Not the quietest car at highway speeds.
Overall review: You can't beat this car for efficiency, reliability, power and fun to drive. You get what you pay for. I love my 06 Impreza. I'd recomend this car to anyone for a first car and just because its the practical thing to do if you live in an area prone to foul weather.
Proof that 4-Doors and Performance are NOT Mutually Exclusive! by Subaru Fan from Indianapolis on 10/21/2010. Trim: 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited, Owned 2 years.
Pros: In terms of performance combined with Subaru's reowned symmetrical AWD, the Subaru Impreza WRX is top in class. The car plenty of get-up-and-go, and the stock turbocharger is peppy enough to builld boost quick so power is on tap. Stock brakes are fantastic, and the body roll is substantially less than others in its class (e.g. Mazdaspeed 3, GTI). The car really shines in inclimant weather as well. Snow is no problem - in fact - it's fun! The heated leather seats heat fast and do their job. The transmission is direct. Subaru realiability is always a plus as well.
Cons: Lack of sound deadening and road noise can be pretty bad up on the highway. It can become hard to hear the radio or talk at a regular tone if at speed on the highway. Some may find the cabin space is pretty tight, definitely not a vehicle for the 1/3 of Americans who qualify as 'obese.' Head room may be an issue for the vertically inclined. Ride quality is designed to be sporty, so for those looking for a luxury 'pillow-top' ride, look elsewhere!
Overall review: Overall, the car has been a blast to own, drive, and make my own. Maintenance on the vehicle has been no problem and relatively cheap. I am able to do most of the general maintence myself; the same CANNOT be said for my older Volkswagen GTI. I have had absolutely ZERO issues with the car since ownership and would buy another Subaru in a heartbeat. Winters are actually FUN with this car. You begin to understand the rally heritage of the Subaru brand once you're out handling everything else on the road when snow is on the ground. Some may complain about having to pay for 93 octane premium fuel, but its a performance vehicle - what do you expect? Fuel economy is adequate for the performance. I am always getting compliments from people saying how much they like the styling of my car. If you're considering any other cars like this, I would definitely opt for the Subaru!