2006 Jeep Wrangler

"Can't Get Enough Of My Jeep" by Paul @ the beach. on 03/14/2012. Trim: 2006 Jeep Wrangler SE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I have always wanted a Wrangler and I found this one at a dealership that was traded for a larger SUV. The origional owner drove it for 28,000 miles, and never off-road. It is very clean, inside and out! I plan to keep it that way as well! It is a six speed manual, so there is a bit of shifting to do, but who cares--it's a Jeep. The cool thing is that when I pass another Jeep, you get a wave from the other driver--it's a Jeep thing. I remember doing that when I owned a Plymouth Road Runner and when you passed another Road Bird you gave a toot on the horn--good old days. I am looking forward to summer when I can take off the top and cruise by the beach. Bottom line--I love this vehicle.
Cons: It is a I-4 engine so the gas mileage is good--not to fast off the line, especially 1st and 2nd gear, but that's ok, it's not a Corvette.
Overall review: This is the first time I drove off a dealers lot with a smile on my face. I love this Jeep.
I LOVE MY JEEP. by Ron, Hoofbite 13 on 07/29/2011. Trim: 2006 Jeep Wrangler X, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I LOVE MY JEEP.
Cons: It does use gas.
Overall review: For me it is all I want.
my mountain goat by rebel yell from virginia on 01/28/2014. Trim: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Owned 8 years.
Pros: I have had mine for 8 years (2006) rubi and I have been there and done that believe me 78,000 miles and still rolling strong !!!!
Cons: keep on top of the maintenance and it will run for a long time !!!!!!
Overall review: great rig if you have the chance to buy one do it !!!!
Best vehicle ever by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/14/2012. Trim: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The 06 is the best Jeep ever created. Bought mine with 10'000 miles on it and haven't looked back. I6 engine mated to a 6sp Mercedes transmission(1st and last year available) provides ample power in the; 4.0:1 gear ratio crawls out of anything. I have never been able to stick it in the 31in Goodyear mud terrains(MT/R) it comes standard on. The interior is spartan, so this is not the vehicle for lazy or spoiled people. 6 speaker sound system with sub woofer in the center console sound great! It's stock and it's absolutely indestructible. Will own it forever.
Cons: Nope
Overall review: Find one if you can.
Does what you ask it to do, and more....... by C.J. on 01/10/2010. Trim: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Good power, and decent handling. Finish is nice except for the carpet, which could be tacked down a little better. Lots of torque, will practically pull you up a tree if it had traction to do it. Good performance in mud or snow, and it difficult to get stuck unless you absolutely exceed what the vehicle can do. Not as noisy as some 4x4's on the highway, but hey, it's mostly an off-road vehicle, so what do you expect? Decent leg room, I'm 6' 5" tall.
Cons: Lousy gas mileage! Could use a decent steering stablizer.
Overall review: If you're expecting Cadillac performance, or it to ride like a luxury or sports car, forget it. It's a Jeep. It's patterned after a military vehicle, and it rides like one. If you want cushy and quiet, then an off-road vehicle isn't for you. The Jeep does what you ask it to do, and more, within it's structural limits. It's a 4x4, not a tank. I hear of people pushing these vehicles beyond their limits, then complaining about the vehicles performance. For mud, snow, and trails, it's a good vehicle to have. It will get you out of most trouble you get into. All in all, it's a great ride.......it just won't pass a gas station!