2006 Dodge Caravan

2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next
Good Van by vanman on 06/09/2010. Trim: 2006 Dodge Caravan SE, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Lots of room, No reliability issues at 50000 miles, Factory tires lasted still have good tread, towed a small trailer 2x across country with no issues. Good MPG.
Cons: 2.4 L is a bit sluggish at first but gets up to speed.
Overall review: very reliable, inexpensive family van
Grand Caravan -- Grand DISAPOINTMENT by Florida Marty on 02/11/2013. Trim: 2006 Dodge Caravan Grand SXT, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Automatic doors are great! Little road noise and roomy for smaller kids.
Cons: Super high maintenance! I bought this new and have done more maintenance to this vehicle than my kids have had to do to their "beaters". So far I have had to replace 3 sensors on the engine, Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor (TPMS), alternator, water pump, transmission shift sensor, transmission control module, liftgate has locked in the up position, and the side doors slide like they weigh a ton. As I mentioned, I bought this new (7 miles on it) and now has 140K so we have done a lot of driving. I have kept up with the routine maintenance as listed, even doing some of it early to prevent issues. Oh and the "leather" seats cracked around 65K miles.
Overall review: This was or is my second Caravan both purchased new. The first was a 1990 base model, we were young and didn't make a lot of money and it was pretty reliable. The 2006 is a Grand Caravan SXT and has been horrible. I'm done with Dodge, they are not built in America so that argument is out the window!!!!
Hate it! by Mama on 03/10/2014. Trim: 2006 Dodge Caravan Grand SXT, Owned 8 years.
Pros: I love the stow and go.
Cons: This van has been nothing but trouble! Sliding door breaks and the dealers wont cover it even though its under warranty, we have put over $4000 in repairs in to this van and we bought it new 5 years ago. A vehicle should last longer than 5 years for what you pay for it! Unless you have kids under 5 the back seat wont work for you, there is literally only 8 inches of leg room.
Overall review: I hate this van.
Great Caravan by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/03/2009. Trim: 2006 Dodge Caravan Grand SE, Owned 3 years.
Pros: This is our 3rd Chrysler/Dodge mini van we have put no less than 200 - 300, 000 miles on each one and have had only normal maint repairs--we would recomend this vehicle to anyone who needs space and reliability and longevity.
Cons: Interor could be classier
Overall review: Great and reliable with no problems.
Love this van! by Campingbanker on 09/10/2008. Trim: 2006 Dodge Caravan Grand SE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This is my 4th Caravan and I've loved them all! The stow & go seating is fabulous and makes shopping so convenient. I've moved furniture in this vehicle - much easier to unload than a pickup. The gas mileage has been good - up to 26 mpg on long trips. I've had no engine trouble with any of my Caravans. Plenty of leg room for my 6ft 2in husband to be comfy driving. I love the automatic side door opening feature when my arms are full of packages. The separate temperature control feature for driver/passenger works very well for us. Love this van!
Cons: I can't think of anything to dislike about this vehicle.
Overall review: We love our Caravan and will continue to purchase this vehicle.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next