2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class

2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
OUTSTANDING VEHICLE. MB QUALITY IS UNBEATABLE. by Jay-Vee in TX on 09/04/2009. Trim: 2006 Mercedes-Benz R350, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: UNIQUE STYLING - I don't pass one every 5 mins.; COMFORT - No better way to transport our family, especially on long trips; FIT & FINISH - MB appoints quality products on the interior, no cheap plastic or minimal telemetry on the instrument cluster; POWER - Even with the smaller 3.5 V6, car has power to spare. I passed a slower car on a recent road trip & shot from 75 to 95 without even feeling a change in the car's behavior. The car had plenty more to give. The 7-speed transmission means downshifting can be done flawlessly, not to mention the manual shift buttons I have on the steering wheel.
Cons: Would like to see more standard equipment at this price point.
Overall review: My family & I love this car. We bought it used at an unbeatable price ($25999 with 20,000 miles). On long trips, each kid has room to relax and watch the DVD. I love the auxilary connection in the glove box for our IPod. The car is sturdy and safe (airbags everywhere). MB quality is not exaggerated. This is our first of many MB's, used E-Class will be next.
Makes Cadillac SRX owners do a doubletake. by Brian from Harvey, Il on 03/13/2007. Trim: 2006 Mercedes-Benz R350, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It's a very smooth ride, much like the S-Class. Lots of nice features come standard, and you won't see your car twenty times a day, trust me. A definite head turner. Be careful with options or you will double the price of your car very quickly.
Cons: We chose an light grey leather (vinyl?) interior that our twin 5 year old boys are maiming daily. No child locks on rear doors, and it will be a ongoing task to keep clean. The clear coat protective cover on the nose of the vehicle is already starting to bubble. It has barely been a month since we have had this car, but this is the only complaint...with this price tag, I shouldn't have any.
Overall review: Although I have been hearing the horror stories about the drop in overall quality in Mercedes Benz products, my wife fell in love with the R-350. I'm a Mopar guy, so I figure I can kill two birds with one stone (temporarily pacify the Mrs., and get my hands on the 3.5 High Output engine). It requires premium fuel, but I think the days of worrying about gas prices are over...especially since I can't keep my foot off the floor on the highway, so I'll be happily paying whatever. I've been up to 130 mph (so far...), the seven speed tranny is smooth, and very the automatic setting is close to the shift points I would have chosen in manual mode.
Finally something for moms' with class by Kazi on 06/17/2006. Trim: 2006 Mercedes-Benz R350, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Best crossover
Cons: could be more affordable
Overall review: Strongly recommend
whiye buffalo by john on 04/28/2006. Trim: 2006 Mercedes-Benz R350, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: very well built, nice handling for such a long vehicle, very good air conditioning
Cons: the steering should be tighter
Overall review: a great driving experience
A Luxurious Mercedes SUV. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/07/2006. Trim: 2006 Mercedes-Benz R500, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love this vehicle and i would recommend it.
Cons: Nothing.
Overall review: I love it.
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next