2006 Jeep Liberty

The best Jeep Far x Far!!! by bill from Philadelphia on 05/03/2012. Trim: 2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Diesel power 120 kw. Torque 400 Nm. Classic Jeep looks. Go anywhere approach. Select Trac transfer case which offers 2WD / 4WD part time / full time and Low Range.
Cons: Grey fenders - the late 2007 models were colour coded. Cloth upholstery stains even with water. The driver's position was not adjusted for Right Hand drive models.
Overall review: I love my Cherokee as it is called in South Africa! I will not trade it for anything else!!
Major Disappointment by Unfortunate Liberty Owner in SC on 07/11/2011. Trim: 2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: The style of my Jeep is great. I also think the Jeep is easy to handle. Unlike the other reviewers, I actually like having the window controls in the middle area between the seats because the passenger can help with the windows when taking off from a drive thru window or toll both (my Liberty has a stick shift) The mileage wasn't a problem when initially purchased because gas prices weren't out of hand, but now it's quite expensive to fill up which adds up considerably at the end of the month.
Cons: I would NEVER recommend to anyone! So far, 2 recalls to my recollection but should be more. I've spent considerable amounts of $$ on parts for my Jeep that on different forums is a problem for a good bit of people. The back tail light had to be replaced a number of times and eventually had to replace the whole unit@$190. Its a common sight to see other Libertys with a tail light out around the city, coincidence? The window regulator has had to be replaced twice, costing well over $600. Now the other window is falling down as well. Just this week I have had to replace the steering column due to a tiny part and there is a 2 mo. waiting period for the part! Sounds like a recall is necessary!
Overall review: I bought my 06 Jeep hoping to give it to my daughter for her 16th bday but I would never ever ever trust the vehicle to hold up for her! I can't wait to get the Jeep out of the shop this one last time and sell it to get it and all its aggravations off my hands! Although I have wanted a Jeep since I was a little girl, I realized it was one of my biggest mistakes purchasing the 06 Liberty because it has caused me nothing but trouble, time, money, problems, and stress. Never again Chrysler or whoever you are now since being bought out!!!!!!
The Ultimate Let Down by Lucille on 04/03/2011. Trim: 2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It goes in the snow & off road very well.
Cons: Poor fuel economy. I have the 3.7 V6 with a six speed standard trans & still only average 12 mpg. I have had issues with clutch operation where when it is cold & wet outside, the clutch will jump & slip in first gear until I have been driving for about 15 minutes.
Overall review: It is a decent suv. Moderatly comfortable to drive. Does very well off road. The mechanical issues & the very poor fuel economy has me not willing to recommend this vehicle. After this experience I will never buy another Jeep.
Aprehensive first time Jeep buyer by Crazy from Rochester on 11/11/2010. Trim: 2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Just bought the Liberty sport a week ago w/ 65k miles. All the recalls have been taken care of and I'm hoping the power window situation as well. All the problems seem to be under 40k - 50k miles. I'm pleased in what I bought and so is my wife. Its just us 2 and our 3 dogs. Cant wait to put it through the gauntlet. I hope I don't change my mind about the Jeep name. Love the way it handles and the way it looks.
Cons: The only cons are what I'm reading in all the forums. Hopefully everything is taken care of and we have some pleasant years to come.
Overall review: Cant write a honest overall yet. I will be back to rate this Jeep after I drive it for awhile.
The Best Jeep Ever!! by bill from Philadelphia on 04/25/2012. Trim: 2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Go anywhere approach. Diesel power/Torque. Jeep looks!!
Cons: The grey fenders. Cloth upholstery stains with water.
Overall review: Great vehicle - will not trade it for anything!!