2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1st JEEP and will keep on buying, can't wait for the 2011 by LRB55 on 03/26/2010. Trim: 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: It goes everywhere, mud,snow,sand,water,nothing stops this jeep. My son uses it at the beach and climbs the sand dunes.4.7L V8 power.Great seats, A/C keeps you cold even when we drive the dunes.The best!!! Great stereo.
Cons: OK the gas mileage is to say not good. 13mpg town,21mpg hwy.
Overall review: buy used, save yourself some green
A Disapointing 3 Years. by Dan from Oregon on 01/09/2009. Trim: 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Nice exterior. Options like dvd, back up sensors and smart beams.
Cons: I've had the jeep 3 years and after 8 months frequently took it in for work. Things that should last 100k miles were dropping left and right. Transmission problems, suspension problems. Even the steering rack went at 40k. If you plan on having kids forget it. This is a very large sized car yet a toddler seat can not properly seat in the back. NOT SAFE. We had to keep the kids in my wifes little 4 door until they were out of their seats. Pathetic, the jeep is bigger and supposedly a FAMILY friendly vehicle. Lastly do not buy if do any off roading. The ground clearance is a big problem and when I attempted to have a pro lift and tires put on the truck it quickly had issues.
Overall review: This thing is full of options that you pay top dollar for but if the car itself isn't quality enough to safely get you down the road for at least a few years whats the point? After 3 years I'm sad to say I've had it. Ive lost enough money and I'm done. We are buying a Chevy Tahoe or Ford. Heck, I'll buy a Kia before I come close to buying a Cherokee again! If you want a JEEP, buy a real jeep. These Cherokees are just over priced SUVs that have a jeep symbol on the front. They are not what they claim to be.
Gotta have a Jeep by No Minivan For This Momma! on 05/29/2010. Trim: 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This is my 2nd Grand Cherokee and I am definitely a Jeep mom. Rides like a car with the storage of an SUV. Very comfortable front seating, excellent A/C, very attractive vehicle all around. We take it on 300+ mile trips with 2 young boys on a regular basis and it is a comfortable trip. I bought it used in 2008 and have not a had to repair anything yet. I love my Jeep and I can't imagine myself driving any other vehicle.
Cons: Wish I would have gone with a V8. V6 is sluggish and not impressive on gas mileage. Not enough to make up for the significant difference in power. Make sure you have plenty of room to pass people and a clear lane to pull out onto! Back seat is not roomy. No less than the '99 I model I had before, but no more, either. Windsheild was a huge adjustment from my '99. Seems lower, closer to your head and has large, awkward pillars that block your view of crossing traffic from a normal angle.
Overall review: This is the car for me. 2WD V6 is not a rugged Jeep machine, but it suits my needs fine. If you would prefer power to an approx 3mpg difference in gas mileage, go with the V8. Definitely worth it. All in all, it's a great car. So-so gas mileage, but it's an SUV. Comfortable and reliable. Great baby-carrier with lots of room for the groceries.
MY RED JEEP by SUJU on 04/14/2010. Trim: 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love my RED GRAND CHEROKEE LAREDO. Had 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD traded it in, loved it had 166,000 miles - Do Miss IT. I am a Jeep woman. Mine is a v6 and was used to a v8, but so far everything is OK, will see this winter.
Cons: I love my new Jeep, my only complaint is the columns on the side of the windshield seems to block view somewhat.
Overall review: LOVE IT - LOVE IT - LOVE IT
First-Time Jeep Buyer by Michelle from Kansas on 12/28/2009. Trim: 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I live on 8 miles of gravel roads & the handling is great (when the weather is fine). It definitely feels more like a car than a truck. It's a very quiet, smooth ride. So far it's been very reliable.
Cons: The pillars create some seriously bad blind spots, as does the rearview mirror. Even rain will stain the seats for weeks. The back seat seems pretty narrow. And the storage also seems minimal for an SUV. The V6 leaves something to be desired, and I don't feel like it saves me that much on mpg either. The AC/heater drains what power there is, and you better make sure you have plenty of room if you're going to pass someone. Driving in mud and/or snow overheats the transmission as the way the front end & engine are configured scoops up the mud/snow & packs it.
Overall review: This is a great town/highway vehicle. BUT if you're expecting this to be an all-around tough, rugged, get you anywhere, any time, through anything SUV that will live up to the Jeep name, this is NOT the SUV for you.