2006 Kia Sportage

BEST BUY in SMALL SUV GROUP!! by Rich from Wisconsin on 10/08/2007. Trim: 2006 Kia Sportage EX V6 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It's roomy, easy to handle, fun to drive. I'm always eager to take a drive in it. Interior and exterior finish is clean and smooth. I've had many compliments on the styling and color since I bought it. I have the EX with Volcano red top color and the dark gray metalic low body trim. Buy it you'll like it.
Cons: Gas mileage could be better. I average 23 to 25 mpg with my V6, in city and country driving.
Overall review: If you decide to buy a Sportage make sure you get the EX with the V6. I don't think you will need the 4 WD unless you live in a rural area.
One Fine SUV by Bill-CA on 02/17/2012. Trim: 2006 Kia Sportage LX 2WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: The dependability and the gas mileage.
Cons: Have not found much to dislike.
Overall review: One my-t-fine vehicle
Eye Catching and Fun driving SUV. by Ken W, Hartford Ct. on 01/04/2012. Trim: 2006 Kia Sportage LX V6 2WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: When it was introduced I immediately loved its Style and Looks. I had to buy this SUV one day and finally did and its been the best all use vehicle I could ever want. Its very peppy and rides great and I've gotten up to 27.8mpg on the highway.....I drive alot for my job (29k) miles last year and I can carry a 55" flat screen tv no problem or weekend gear for a camping trip in comfort. The car manuvers in tight spaces very very well which gives you a feeling of total control at all speeds. It rides high off the ground so you're up there where you want to be for safe driving visability.. The sunroof is a teriffic feature. I hope it lasts me 250k miles because I'm not selling it.
Cons: Slippery firm leather seats let things move on you on turns and they get hot in the summer sun. Otherwise A OK
Overall review: If you want a great looking vehicle that your feel great driving then this is the SUV to look at first.
Great little SUV by Nikky in Oklahoma on 07/21/2009. Trim: 2006 Kia Sportage LX 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love almost everything about this little SUV. I like sitting up higher, so I can see better and also being able to get more cargo in while at the same time having a vehicle that doesn't take up a lot of room or guzzle gas. It gets almost the same mileage as my Cheby Malibu got, but I can haul way bigger stuff, and it takes up less room parking. I also love the way it handles. GREAT little vehicle.
Cons: I'm still getting used to the air conditioning taking longer to cool, since, essentially, your "trunk" is inside the auto and being cooled, too. But it does finally cool the car down; just takes a little longer. Also, it takes longer to speed up than my Malibu took. But, I don't need to be stomping the gas pedal so much anyway, so it doesn't matter. It has plenty of "go" when you need it.
Overall review: If you want something that zips around and can go from zero to sixty in a few seconds, buy a Corvette! But this little SUV will go all you want and with the back seats laid down, you have a pretty good size cargo space. It's fun to drive and gets pretty fair mileage in town and a little better on the highway. I'm very pleased. I like it better every time I drive it and better than any vehicle I've owned in years.
Family vehicle by Mtn Fire gal from Paradise on 08/24/2012. Trim: 2006 Kia Sportage LX V6 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I bought my Sportage brand new. I like the look and the steering ability. It can make sharp turns and small circles. Plently of room to fit 4 large dogs with seats folded down.
Cons: Acceleration is very poor when the air conditioner is on. Has a hard time climbing up paved hills and it tries to excellerate on and off. The counsel in between the front seats is made of plastic and easly breaks, which mine broke in 4 places. The doors will automaticly lock on you after you closed the door for safety reasons. I had to seek help to open the drivers door several times. Not a good feature for me.
Overall review: In general it is a good looking SUV and pretty dependable other then minor cosmetic features that break.