2006 Buick Lucerne

Great Sports Sedan by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/13/2007. Trim: 2006 Buick Lucerne CXS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great care to drive and very quick. I thought the gas mileage would not be a good as it is, get 24 to 26 on the highway. I had to drive on very snowy roads recently and was very surprised at how well the car handled. The traction control worked perfectly.
Cons: Guages are very hard to read in daylight with sunglasses on. They need to be back lit. I had to have all four wheels replaced in the first year as the chrome started to bubble and peel off. The car does need better feedback in the steering. During the trip in the snow, the back end really felt light and several times it seemed like it wanted to come around, particularly when headed down hil.
Overall review: Overall, I really like this car and GM did a great job with it. It looks and drives sporty, the V8 will definately move the car when asked or needed.
Review ID: #519957 Is this review offensive?
Winner by Vito from Chicago on 02/21/2006. Trim: 2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The interior fit and finish was outstanding and the design was both beautiful and elegantly simple. The car is tomb-quiet when travelling on any decent pavement. Unless you are a hot-rodder, the V6 had more than adequate performance for most situations. I rented this car (I do not own one) and was awed by the quality of the vehicle. The appearance was crisp and the fuel economy was good. I drove from Ft. Myers to Miami and back along with running around on the east and west coasts of Florida for a bit on a tank of gas. (I chickened out and added a gallon before returning it to the rental agency).
Cons: The ride was a bit soft to my taste. I would prefer a somewhat stiffer/sportier suspension (that I believe would come standard with the V8). I have a Cadillac CTS that has a stiffer suspension and I have gotten used to it.
Overall review: This car is a winner, a big winner. If the general can keep building cars like this one, it will stay in business for a very long time. I recommend this car to everyone without qualification.
BUICK, always satisfying by Anthony on 12/21/2005. Trim: 2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V8, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Power, Refinement, Comfort. I'm willing to bet that the reliability of this car is just as good as every other Buick I've owned.
Cons: Nothing.
Overall review: BUICK is one of the most reliable brands on the market. BUICK also rates highly in terms of customer satisfaction. I've owned three Hondas, then a Toyota, and this is my third Buick in a row. I've owned a Park Ave, Le Sabre, and now the Lucerne. Buick make some of the best cars on the road today, no question about it. The "Toyota spy" who complained about GM's 4-speed automatic transmission needs to give it a rest. GM's automatic transmissions are the most reliable on the market and built like a tank. They also shift SMOOTHLY ... like they're supposed to ... UNLIKE Toyota, Honda, Nissan, and the others.
Lacks where it matters by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/23/2012. Trim: 2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I really like the presentation of this vehicle. Looks very classy and has comfort compared to your living room. Gets good gas mileage for a larger car.
Cons: Quality, Reliability ... This car lacks where it matters
Overall review: It is used for a transportation to and from work (mostly highway). Since being purchased all necessary maintanence has been performed by dealer. First was the motor mounts, then water pump, thermostat, power window module, child safety locks all needed to be replaced. Next I noticed the oil was low at 3,000 miles. . After having the transmission serviced twice within 90,000 miles it now has to be rebuilt. ($2,000 repair) I take car of all my vehicles and trade them in with over 200,000 miles with no major problems. This car has 94,000 miles and i have spent over $3,000 in two years and doubt it will last much longer. GM doesnt like to fix anything even under warranty. In the long run not reliable. Only good for about 90,000 miles. I had Honda and Acura which didnt even need a quarter the amount done to them in 200,000 owned.
"A Great Sedan" by Don on 05/11/2011. Trim: 2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I like the ride, the comfort, the styling of the vehicle. The amenities are more than adequate even though not necessarily pretentious. Love the backup warning system on the rear bumper. My wife won't let me trade it for a vehicle that doesn't have it on (I'm getting old).
Cons: Getting in and out is a bit of a struggle due to the low profile of the vehicle. Would like the floor mats to have some form of attachment device to keep them from sliding forward while entering the vehicle.
Overall review: Overall I find this Buick Lucerne V6, even though its first year of production, to be one of the better cars I've owned. If I don't trade it for a 2010 or 2011 Lucerne I'll likely keep it until I can't drive anymore.