2006 Nissan Altima

Oil burner by Craig from Lynchburg Virginia on 04/09/2012. Trim: 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Great look on interior as well as the exterior. Good power when you need it. Stock stereo and speakers are the best I have ever heard.
Cons: Engine has a defect as it consumes oil. Nissan did not recall but asks the owners to watch the dip stick. Long story short, for someone who drives 1000 miles a week this is a pain. It got below the line several times and as a result blew a head gasket. Really think Nissan should fix as its not my fault they made a engine that burns oil. Have a 2006 with 276,000 miles on it and still going.
Overall review: Other than burning oil I love the Altima and will by another one.
Good car overall for the money!!! by Eaking on 03/24/2013. Trim: 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I own a special edition 2006 Altima 4 cyl . Great gas mileage specially on long trips. Good power when you need it and handles like a sports car at 80 mph and up on curves. Plenty of room.
Cons: Acceleration is sluggish upon on initial acceleration and transmission slow to engage at times. Interior materials are all plastic and break as they get older. The paint does chip very easy, especially on the bumpers. Seats not comfortable enough for long distance driving (over 3+ hrs). Cranks for a while before starting on hot days. As with any car, when running air conditioner, acceleration is a bit more rough. Passenger seat should have power feature. The center console armrest is too far back. Side mirrors don’t fold. Road noise a bit louder than average.
Overall review: Good car overall for the money, the best in it‘s class of that year, It’s been almost 4 years since I bought it at 48k and at 126,*** miles still going strong. I only use premium fuel, synthetic oil every 5,000 miles, change coolant and flush transmission fluid once a year since I put between 15k and 20k miles a year, I travel a lot. Haven’t had any major problems on engine or transmission so far, a lot of power for a four cylinder. Car runs like brand new still. I love my car and I keep it well maintained.
Awesome car! by Jay from Schofield on 07/05/2007. Trim: 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Nice styling, very good handling, very good acceleration for an inline 4, 31.3MPG cruising @ 72mph. Solid workmanship!
Cons: Clock hard to read in the daylight(wifes input) haha
Overall review: Solid workmanship! Very well built car. Very satisfied with our purchase. Beats out our old 1990 Honda when it was new, fwiw.
Great Vehicle by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/23/2011. Trim: 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Comfort and styling
Overall review: Great vehicle would buy another. This is my third altima and fifth nissan/Datsun. Never had any major problems with any of them
happy Altima owner by Mike the hills of PGH on 03/29/2010. Trim: 2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE, Owned 4 years.
Pros: The acceleration is excellent. I bought it for a company car. I took my buget and bought the fastest and best handleing car for the money.
Cons: The seat is a little uncomfortable. I'm 6' 260lb's. The seats were not designed for me. The brakes tend to pulse. I put one set of brakes on at 40k and it has 76k on it now. Both sets started to pulse at about 30k miles. I live in Pittsburgh with alot of hills. It mostly happened after long braking down hills.
Overall review: It's a great car for the money. It also held it's resale value very well. Don't let the four doors fool you. This car is fast and handles like a sports car.