2006 Nissan Sentra

Great Buy, Great MPG by Sonoma Mike on 07/25/2008. Trim: 2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I have 65,000 miles on it and I have only changed the oil and bought two tires. Best car ever for a low price. I have averaged 33 MPG city and HWY since it was new.
Cons: Soft paint, easily scatched. Road noise louder than other other similar cars, but I can live with it.
Overall review: Best deal ever and I'm 71
the Little car that could and more by white sentra owner from Denver Colorado on 04/04/2008. Trim: 2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8, Owned 1 year.
Pros: excellent handling and cornering in my Manual transmission model. Great price and a decent amount of legroom for taller people compared to other small economy sedans and SUV's.
Cons: the worst cup holders known to man. okay for very small drinks only. any tall or fat drinks hits the dash board near the A/C controls. The back seats are quite small and are really only decent for kids,pets or very small adults.
Overall review: bought the car in Dec of 07. I had tried many other economy cars such as the corolla and civic. neither one had much leg room for the driver and the corolla was not so good at cornering. The civic was decent but also way more expensive! I was ultimately very surprised to see how good the get up and go was in the 5 speed manual sentra I ended up purchasing. It also has excellent conering as well as great visibility so changing lanes in heavy traffic is a breeze. I live in denver CO so I was very pleased to see that the Heater produced hot air very quickly and that the Defroster was quick to defrost all windows in a short amount of time. I have had no trouble driving this car in 7 inches of snow with out chains or snow tires. Great buy for anyone needing a first car or a car to simply get around by them selves or with a friend. I dont reccomend this as a family car because of lack of room in the back seat. Otherwise I fine buy!
The Reliable 2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8s Special Edition by JLRX425 from Poplar Grove, IL on 05/25/2006. Trim: 2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The Nissan Sentra 1.8S is truly a reliable car. The Special Edition package that is available to the customer is a nice package for the car,which gives it the appearance of an SE-R or Spec-V version, just without the increased engine performance. Radio is quality along with the subwoofer and 6-disc changer. Handles great on the road and has extremely great MPG as well.
Cons: The Nissan Sentra does have some problems that I have experienced. The engine when driving along can seem rather loud. Complaints I have also heard are that the rear turn signals aren't visible enough for people to see. Braking is not as efficient as should be. Oversized cups don't seem to fit very well in the cupholder as they should.
Overall review: The Nissan Sentra is in my opinion a reasonable car to purchase. While it may have some flaws, most cars have their own flaws. For an entry level car for someone or even an experienced car owner. The Nissan Sentra isn't a model that should be overlooked. You will find great value and respect for a car considered "entry level".
just average by kismet1113 from PA on 06/18/2014. Trim: 2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Fuel economy is good as long as everything is working, I have the "Special Edition" that started out with a lot of nice features, has decent power for a little 4 cyl
Cons: Rear seating is useless for adults, all the Rockford Fosgate components are cheap and break quickly & easily, window seals started leaking air early on in car's life, the A/C is one of the worst (not very cold) out there from brand new
Overall review: I've owned mine from new and it currently has just under 195,000 miles. I've kept up with all services and the majority of those miles are highway miles. Around 130,000 miles the car just started to nickel & dime me to death. I think in the past year I've replaced every sensor, switch and relay on the car just to keep it going. The window seals leak both air and water now...which is annoying considering it has been garage kept and pampered. Not the best car I've ever owned, but not the worst either. It has been much more reliable than my Altima. But all the additions for the the "Special Edition" were junk. The cd player started eating cds about 2 yrs into owning it, the 6 disc cd player stopped working around 50k miles...oh well.
Very good first car by Brody! on 06/12/2013. Trim: 2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Great MPG, quality interior, very capable of doing almost everything. I even took it over a mountain pass that is dirt on one side.
Cons: I mean, you can't get around it, it's underpowered. The automatic only comes with three gears and overdrive, but it overcomes these obstacles with a well thought out gear placement, and anyways IT GETS UP TO 28 CITY.
Overall review: I love it, it's incredibly functional and the only complaint I have is the power which if you buy the SE-R version is not a problem.