2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Best overall truck by Big Jim on 07/24/2011. Trim: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab 2WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Excellent mileage overall w/4.7 engine, extremely comfortable on the road,and in 211,000 miles have only had to replace the EGR valve. NOTHING ELSE but tires. I will definately buy another one (if this one will ever wear out).
Cons: TIPM seems to be a real problem w/ these trucks, Left headlight doesn't work and have narrowed it down to the TIPM,which, I might add, is VERY expensive. Haven't replaced it yet, waiting to see if Dodge will recall them.
Overall review: I would recommend this truck to anyone who wants comfort, great styling, excellent mileage, and many miles for the buck.
My favorite ride by Little Lady in a Big Truck on 03/25/2008. Trim: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Mega Cab 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I like everything about it! It's my favorite thing to drive! My favorite thing is how big it is, I am only 5" 4' and I feel so big behind the wheel...I love my truck!
Cons: The Dodge that I own has been recalled because of the breaks. I took it into my local dealership and they fixed me right up.
Overall review: I would re-buy this truck again and again!
Great truck by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/10/2013. Trim: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab Long Bed 4WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Great truck. Mine has four doors and 8' bed wich comes handy on those trips to the lumber yard. Handles well and is imposing on the highway and that is great to get those slow moving drivers away from the left lane.
Cons: Gas mileage is not the greatest, I wish they sold a 1500 diesel....
Overall review: Stylish and powerful truck.
Don't get the 4.7 by jimmyz on 06/19/2011. Trim: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Long Bed 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: The exterior, it is a good looking truck.
Cons: I had the 4.7 engine. On straight highway it ran fine but on highways with fairly long inclines and declines it seem to down shift a lot. The truck struggled to get up the hills. Gas mileage averaged 16 to 17 mpg on highway and 13 city. I get the same with my new Ford F250. My feeling was the 4.7 maybe good for casual driving but not for a work truck which is what mine was. To big a truck and too small a engine. Seats were very uncomfortable and the sound system stunk. I had a 1996, 1996 and a 2001 Dodge Ram. The 2001 was an amazing truck. I had 200,000 miles on it when I sold it. I took it in to get the engine overhauled and the dealer said the engine didn't need anything.
Overall review: My 2001 Ram was an amazing truck that is why I was so disappointed in the 06.
A great Truck by sgonza4620 on 12/25/2010. Trim: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab 2WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Great truck. Very dependable and reliable.
Cons: Nothing.
Overall review: Is a great truck to use for what ever you need it for.