2006 Volkswagen Passat

Best car I've ever owned by Mike from PA on 04/05/2011. Trim: 2006 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Great looking car, comfortable, fast and fun to drive, great gas mileage, roomy, huge trunk
Cons: requires premium fuel and synthetic oil
Overall review: This was by far the best car that I've ever owned! I loved it! I drive a lot for work, and no matter how long the trip I always enjoyed an excellent ride. I probably drive about 90% highway and 10% city; I typically average well over 30 MPG on a trip. I'm 6'3" and am extremely comfortable in this car; I have more that enough room to stretch out. I drove a lot of mid-size cars (and even some full-size) before buying this one, and I have a hard time fitting comfortably into the driver's seat in the majority of them. I owned this car for a little over 2 years and went from 32k to 65k miles and never had an issue with it. I definitely recommend a Passat to anyone is the market for a mid-size car.
3.6 sport by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/05/2013. Trim: 2006 Volkswagen Passat 3.6L, Owned 2 years.
Pros: the way it drives
Cons: the way is gulps gas
Overall review: it's a sleeper, a wolf in lambs clothing...
Best Car I've Owned - 2 1/2 years and no problems by DG, Pensacola on 04/11/2008. Trim: 2006 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Have owned my Passat 2.0T for 2 1/2 years now and have not had a problem. Handles great, more excelleration than my previous 6 cylinder, lots of room in both the car and trunk, and a good sound system. Quality interior and love the lights at night.
Cons: Fog lights would have been nice. Couldn't purchase with wood trim without paying additional 10 - 11 thousand for the V6 so put in after market wood trim.
Overall review: This has been the best car I've owned over the past 30 years and I've owned two BMWs during that time period. Had more standard features than the competition and at an overall lower price at the time I purchased it. Have never had any problems with breaks, turbo lag, or any other problems mentioned by some (sometimes it's the driver).
the new mommy car by babyluv602 from cali on 02/18/2008. Trim: 2006 Volkswagen Passat Value Edition, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: safety
Cons: no all wheel traction
Overall review: very safe for mom's and children
Love My Passat by Lauren from Colorado Springs on 05/25/2007. Trim: 2006 Volkswagen Passat 3.6L 4Motion, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I bought this car for the AWD. It is unbelievable on icy roads. I just about can't make it slide. I don't know the secret behind VW's stability system, but it's amazing. I'm at 15,000 miles and no problems at all so far. I love the looks of the car, and the interior is my favorite out of all of the cars I test drove. I can't believe how fast it is, and I love all of the neat features that I didn't have on my Camry - rain sensing windshield wipers, one-touch power windows, insulated glove box (for your lunch!). I have a feeling that I'll be hooked on VW from now on.
Cons: She's a little high maintenance - premium fuel and $80 oil changes. The clock is located where the gauges are, so that it isn't very visible to the passenger. There is a little, tiny bit of a lag when you accelerate, but it doesn't bother me now that I'm used to it. It definitely isn't as quiet and doesn't get the gas mileage that my trade-in 2003 Camry did, but I expected that with an AWD car. I'd take the Passat over the Camry any day of the week.
Overall review: I'm extremely pleased with this car and would recommend it to anyone who is considering it. I think the price difference from the Camry/Accord/Altima family to the Passat is WELL worth it. I couldn't be happier with my Passat.