2006 Volkswagen Golf

Reliable small car by John, Seattle on 01/24/2012. Trim: 2006 Volkswagen Golf GL 2.0 Sedan, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Owned for 2 years and it's been entirely reliable. Components aren't overly complex, so seems like there's less to go wrong (unlike, say, my previous Audi). Solid to drive and reasonable pep/pickup.
Cons: Gas mileage is mediocre for such a small car; I get 20-22 in typical city driving and city commute. Highway trip got me up to 26 maybe. Rattles and squeeks seem to be increasing rapidly at this point (6 years old).
Overall review: A solid choice especially for city driving
Buyer be ware. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/24/2007. Trim: 2006 Volkswagen Golf GLS 1.9 TDI, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Looks good. Good mileage. Perfect design for a young family.
Cons: I bought this Golf and a Jetta on the same day. The Jetta has has *no* problems - the Golf has had nothing but problems. The electrical system keeps blowing bulbs. We keep finding things that were not assembled correctly. The seats jump off the tracks. The clutch went out after less than 25k miles. The wheel bearings went out at 41k miles. This is the worst built car I've ever owned.
Overall review: Ah ... if only it were built well.
Very good vehicle. by Phil from Maryland on 02/13/2007. Trim: 2006 Volkswagen Golf GLS 1.9 TDI, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I average 50 mpg and it rates very high in crash tests.
Cons: It has a fair amount of wind noise while travelling on the highway.
Overall review: I have had no problems at all with this vehicle. This is our second Golf TDI and we loved them both.
THE GOLF TDI A GREAT CAR WITH GREAT GAS MILEAGE by Paul on 12/02/2009. Trim: 2006 Volkswagen Golf GLS 1.9 TDI, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Very well designed car you can't beat German engineering. It's a very quite smooth, and fun car to drive. So quite you don't even know it's diesel and with the tiiptronic transmission very sporty to drive. It acclerates very fast. It get great gas milage ! 45 MPG/ hyw and 34 MPG / city very dependable it never break down what's not to like
Cons: What's not to like the Golf is a great car at a great price and gets great gas mileage, very dependable car. The diesel motor last for ever.
Overall review: The Golf TDI is a great car very dependable, fun to drive and gets great gas mileage what's not to like . The Glof TDI was the 2009 World Car of the year.
Love this Golf by Illinois on 10/13/2009. Trim: 2006 Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Interior quality is second to none in this class. Since you spend most of your time in the inside that was key to me in deciding to buy this car (bought new in April 2006).
Cons: Power lags a little with the A/C on. Otherwise, this car is top-notch.
Overall review: Would recommend to anyone. I love this car. At first I wasn't sure about the exterior styling, but the longer I have had it the more I have liked it. The interior is solid, comfortable and better than any others I tested in when I bought it (Civic, xA).