2006 Nissan Maxima

So Sorry Charlie by Barbara in Georgia on 03/12/2011. Trim: 2006 Nissan Maxima SE, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Have had this Maxima for 3 years. Bought used with 23000 miles. Love the excelleration, sporty body style, roominess, steering wheel controls, overall handling at higher speeds.
Cons: Tranmission issues, turning radius.
Overall review: Transmission is shot at 63000 miles. Nissan unwilling to assist. "Sorry Charlie" approach. See consumer report for logged complaints concerning the 04-06 models. Dealers own technician says it is a common occurance. Until this "common" occurance I would have said it was the very best car I've ever owned. Was a great value, but by adding a $3000.00 new transmission value is diminished. This is my 5th Datsun/Nissan and will be my last. I've always suggested Nissan, but no more. . in fact since Nissan doesn't back their product. . I will no longer recommend them.
SL for Super Luxurious by MommieCarrie from lake elsinore on 07/08/2008. Trim: 2006 Nissan Maxima SL, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I love my Max. This car has some get up and go. Very roomy from front to back. This is the first Nissan I have owned and I would buy another one. By the way, loved my dealership. Corona Nissan is the best. I also like having all of the controls at my fingertips.
Cons: The turning radius could be a little tighter. My MPG is great on the freeway ( 27-28 mpg), but not as great on the city streets ( 18-19 mpg ).
Overall review: Great car and very safe. I feel safe driving my children around knowing I have side air bag curtains and surrounded in comfort.
I really like my Nissan Maxima SE by Joe, Jerome, Idaho on 06/20/2008. Trim: 2006 Nissan Maxima SE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Very stylish, lots of power for a four-door sedan. I have the rear-bucket seats option and they are a knockout. Lots of legroom front and back.
Cons: Some parts, such as chrome strips along the roof sides are cheap and have to be replaced while still under warranty. Nissan could have put some leather in the doors instead of cheap plastic.
Overall review: For the money, a great car.
Keisha89 by Jcrewgirl on 06/10/2008. Trim: 2006 Nissan Maxima SE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I had the 96 also and loved it a lot more, however this car is very stylish
Cons: I had had problems with the battery as well as noise from what appears to be the unde the fron passenger side
Overall review: It's a great car overall
The One & Only Maxima by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/18/2008. Trim: 2006 Nissan Maxima SE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I love the way it handles curves.
Overall review: This is the third Maxima that I have owned and I doubt that I would buy anything else. I have my sports car and my family car all in one.