2006 Toyota 4Runner

Good Value by DR from OH on 10/27/2011. Trim: 2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Nice ride, accelerates well, decent fuel economy - 22 mpg highway. Looks good, SR5 comes with useful options like iPod adapter. All in all this is a very solid SUV that can handle true off-road situations, while riding well on the highway. Bought mine Certified which was a great deal. I use for camping, fishing, etc., which means I actually use the 4WD. So far, it has handled every situation I have encountered. For the most part, quality has been great so far. Cost of ownership is low.
Cons: Note that many of my dislikes are because I am comparing to my previous vehicle, which was a 2001 4Runner (far and away the best vehicle I have ever owned): Substandard paint and interior materials, both scratch and chip far too easily. Goofy HVAC controls are confusing and hard to get used to, keeps automatically turning on the recirculation, which bugs me. Toyota must have cheaped out on their light bulb supplier as I have already had several burn out. Transmission shifts harshly, seems to have trouble finding the right gear. Not as "truck-like" as my 2001, which can be good or bad, depending on your perspective.
Overall review: A really solid SUV, especially if you actually plan to take it off road. Toyota quality is not what it used to be, but still pretty good. 66K miles and no problems yet, no squeaks or rattles. This truck also looks good and is very comfortable for up to four people. Dump the OEM tires and get some ATs if you really want to have some fun.
Best SUV out there by Stan from Vancouver BC on 11/27/2010. Trim: 2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: What can I say. I love everything about this vehicle, the looks, style, reliability, comfort, power, and quietness. I got the V6 Limited so it's loaded with options. It was either the 4runner or the Pilot for me and I'm so glad I went with the 4Runner. We had our first snow fall in Nov and my 4runner had no problems going through 6-8 inches of snow, didn't even feel like there was snow. I love the H2 option on the V6 as the steering feels a lot and it's a gas saver.
Cons: gas mileage could be better.
Overall review: Best SUV
the unbeatable 4runner by hyattsville,md on 11/19/2007. Trim: 2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD V8, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: this is my first SUV.i've had it for 3 weeks now and all i can say is i'm loving it.the more i drive it, the more i love it.looks great,good acceleration,lots of power and very solid.interrior looks almost luxurius.i get alot of complements .this car has great engineering.
Cons: nothing to complain about
Overall review: great SUV.i will highly recomend this to any body looking for a rock solid ,reliable and safe SUV
Review ID: #519028 Is this review offensive?
the ultimate suv. by maria on 03/24/2011. Trim: 2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: this car is perfect in comfort and look.i love my car.
Cons: none
Overall review: super suv.
The Best Car I have had yet by Irish from South Bend on 11/26/2005. Trim: 2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD V8, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love that its coming back to the old 4Runner in a way. I've been waiting to buy a 4Runner and I think this is the perfect year to do it. I love that there is a cassete player in the SUV now I can listen to my MP3 player.
Cons: The fuel consumption, with gas prices rising.
Overall review: This SUV seems perfect its not to big and its powerful also spacious.