2006 Toyota Highlander

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next
Excellent mid size SUV by Dan in Minnesota on 01/04/2011. Trim: 2006 Toyota Highlander Limited V6 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Ride and entry height, engine response, car like ride, braking. View out and around vehicle. like the 2006 body style better than the new version. Mileage for this size vehicle.
Cons: Haven't found one yet at 48,000 miles.
Overall review: I had a 2001 Highlander Limited before this. It had an annoying air leak around the passenger side door which would cause the door to "flutter" when a strong side wind hit. Techs tried to "bend to fit" but stated that the door frame needed to be more robust. No other issues at all with it. This 2006 rides slightly stiffer but not objectionable. I tend to like stiffer. Very classy vehicle details and excellent fit and finish. Compared Infinity Q, Acura MDX, and Lexus. Lexus felt a little too soft for me though this is personal choice. For $8,000 less than the Lexus or Acura, I am quite pleased. This is a keeper.
my suv by Han on 03/25/2010. Trim: 2006 Toyota Highlander 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: quality
Overall review: great car & dependable
Great All Around Car by Mr. Average, Tampa, Florida on 07/08/2009. Trim: 2006 Toyota Highlander V6 2WD w/ 3rd-Row Seat, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great acceleration, roomy enough for 5 adults, excellent gas mileage, inexpensive to operate.
Cons: Third row seat is only for kids. Sound system is mediocre. Seats could be a little more comfortable.
Overall review: We love this car. We've been on several long trips, just returned from an interstate trip (350 miles each way) at speeds up to 85mph. Our Highlander performed perfectly, no excessive road or wind noise, very competent road feel, always lots of power for passing. I've never noticed an excessive blind spot that some commented on.
One of the best cars around by Karolin on 01/27/2009. Trim: 2006 Toyota Highlander 2WD w/ 3rd-Row Seat, Owned 2 years.
Pros: It runs great and it feels great. It is very roomy and I get good milage on it. No extra expenses, just the general maintenance. Just love to drive it.
Cons: Have to be very careful when making turns. Have to look over your shoulder when changing lanes because of large blind spot. Can't have the back windows down while driving, the noise is very irritating.
Overall review: I love the car. Once you figur out what you need to do it is smooth sailing.
Very satisfied Highlander owner by Mommy of two boys - Alabama on 06/05/2008. Trim: 2006 Toyota Highlander V6 2WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Smooth ride. Good pickup. Roomy enough for my family of four. Very reliable, my only expense has been for normal maintenance (oil changes, new tires) in 2.5yrs (45,000 miles so far). I get 22mpg.
Cons: I drive the interstate a lot and every time a rock hits my windshield, I get a new ding. I bet I have 20 dings in my windshield even though I do my best not to tailgate. The only safety issue with the Highlander is that it has a horrible blind spot. I do not change lanes to without looking over my shoulder, as it is impossible for me to know if anyone is there just by looking in the mirrors. Husband says it's a 'girl car'. He drives a Tundra.
Overall review: I love my car. We are a Toyota family. I hope to drive it for at least 100,000 miles. So far, so good. It is very reliable and I feel safe carting around my two babies in it. I have plenty of room. Have fit tons of things in the back and have even fit three car seats in the back seat with no problem. If you want a mid-sized SUV buy the Highlander.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next