2006 Jeep Commander

A great ride! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/07/2012. Trim: 2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love this SUV. I have nothing to complain about.
Cons: Nothing worth mentioning. Anyone buying this vehicle should already be aware of the dismal fuel economy.
Overall review: An impressive offroad vehicle yet a joy to take down the road.
A True Commander... by JT - Tennessee on 05/14/2010. Trim: 2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Large and very roomy without being cumbersome to drive and manuever in traffic. Lots of head room and comfortable seating. Passenger row sunroof in Limited package. Reliable 4.7L V8 engine. Very strong when pulling or hauling, excellent 4x4 capabilities.
Cons: Even when the third row seats are down, the cargo/storage area is smaller than expected. Excellent when pulling or hauling but slightly sluggish when accelerating at highway speeds.
Overall review: I would purchase this Jeep again and reccommend it to friends. Exceeds my needs as a multipurpose vehicle capable of going anywhere while being a comfortable, stylish ride.
Test Driver
No room inside by Daybis from Houston on 05/08/2014. Trim: 2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4X4.
Pros: it's okay
Cons: This has to be the most UNCOMFORTABLE vehicle I have been in a VERY long time. If you're going on a road trip. I highly recommend NOT taking this vehicle. It was six of us in the vehicle on a road trip to another state and only one person was fine in the vehicle the entire way, it was the driver.
Overall review: No comfort whatsoever. The Bluetooth features are garbage. The navigation is subpar. Drives great!
Awesome Jeep by Woody5603 on 10/19/2013. Trim: 2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It seats more than the Yukon. It does it lower than the yukon or tahoe which is advantage when your loading a 25 lb baby in and out of the vehicle on a regular basis
Cons: My only issues with the vehicle is that chrysler and jeep didnt make parts interchangable between the jeep model, its the same wheel base and the grand cherokee but the brake mounting brackets are completely differant, and at 90k miles if you havent changed the spark plugs I highly encourage you to do so also hit the inside of the intake with a little carb cleaner, you will notice the fuel mileage increas3-4 miles per gallon.
Overall review: Overall we as a family love our jeep yeah it may cost more to drive due to the gas prices and the fact that it doesnt get 20 miles to a gallon. However the thing is built like a tank inside is much nicer than any ford or chevy in the same price range. Plus it gives the sense of Im a jeep owner. We havent been anywhere yet that someone hasnt made a comment about buying it or trying to get us to trade. One of the best vehicles we have owned and would highly consider buying another if this one ever decides to die, yet i doubt she will.
Enthusiast
Jeep 2006 Strong, Wild and Sincere by Valerie on 12/05/2012. Trim: 2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4X4.
Pros: I may be the luckiest on this thread , I have owned this Jeep for 6 years ! It is the first Jeep I did not trade in and have owned Jeeps since 1990 . Never NEVER once has it been broken down . I am so happy that I will not buy a new Jeep for several years and may end up building a Garage to store this Collectors SUV. ALL Jeeps for me , most likely for my life. Love them , all of them.
Cons: Nothiing , all too small to state .
Overall review: Hey it is a Jeep thing , of course I recommend them.