2006 Mazda MPV

Drives like an SUV, not a mini-van. by ET, Salt Lake City on 09/27/2007. Trim: 2006 Mazda MPV ES, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Less expensive, drives like a car. Feels a lot like an SUV. Smaller, but better mileage than Sienna or an SUV. Nice ground clearance for occasional camping. People are complaining that the seats are low, but I find them nice and high with easy all-around visibility compared to other vehicles I have owned.
Cons: Seats a little uncomfortable for my back. Shifter handle hides AC indicator light. Wish I'd gotten the model with heater ducts in the back seat area and roof rack to compensate for smaller cargo area. The only thing that's broken in the first 46K miles (which is a year for me) is the driver's side sun visor clip. Transmission tends to downshift two gears at a jump sometimes, revving up into the 5K range, no matter how carefully I accelerate uphill or try to pass someone. Otherwise power seems plenty.
Overall review: I'd recommend it to anyone looking for thrift over frills. Several thousand cheaper than Sienna or Odyssey if you don't need all of the frills they offer. Seems to be a quality vehicle.
Best Minivan bang for the buck! SUV's move over. by GG Michigan on 04/05/2007. Trim: 2006 Mazda MPV LX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Not too large, Excellent Handling, Fit & Finish are Good, Sporty, Nimble, Interior Ergonomics Good, Sliding Second Row Seats, Decent Trunk Space, Fold Flat Third Row, Affordable, Nice Exterior Finishes, Trim and wheels. Great alternative to a mid/large sport ute, Decent Mileage, Drivers Seat Adjustability, Good Cupholders and Storage.
Cons: Excellent for around town but limited cargo room for families on long trips (need rooftop cargo box). Carpet is a bit cheap. No stability control or rear side impact airbags. Many have complained about the shift lever intruding on dash controls but I am used to it and think it is fine.
Overall review: Overall a great vehicle for the price. Upon first test drive I wasn't too impressed but after owning am very pleased with this car. Researched many "older" issues with this vehicle like transmission noise complaints but they have remedied all of these issues as I have had NO problems. Great bang for the buck. I am constantly laughing at how many people spend twice as much on a sport ute which fit less, waste gas (and dosen't look any better) than the MPV. I traded in a much larger Minivan for the MPV and don't miss the room during everyday travel (even with a young family of five - no teenagers) I wish they would bring the 2007 Japan MPV over here - it is awesome.
Great for the money by RGP in Odessa on 11/19/2006. Trim: 2006 Mazda MPV LX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Quiet. smooth,nice ride. OK MPG. PRICE, Warranty. $18,000 for a LX with extras. Not making these anymore, so I think they eill hold there value good for resale. I like the styling.
Cons: Seats are a little low. Smaller van so 7 tall people OK for short trips only. Front buckets a little uncomfortable for bigger people.
Overall review: Best MPG 22. Worst 18. I hear people compalaining about the extra long shifter. I like it. Nice car for the price. And its not a cookie cutter minivan. Looks at least a little different
Car like handling by Merv from Sacramento on 10/18/2006. Trim: 2006 Mazda MPV LX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: MPV's car like handling. It was especially nimble in rush hour compared to the other minivans we tried.
Cons: None, my whole family loves it.
Overall review: We love it, especially my wife. She feels very comfortable driving this minivan in and around downtown traffic. We have owned two other minivans and so far this has been the best. We test drove, Sienna, Quest, Odyssey and the Upland and found the MPV to be the best bang for our buck.
2006 Mazda MPV LX Sport by Dad from San Antonio on 01/19/2013. Trim: 2006 Mazda MPV LX, Owned 6 years.
Pros: flexible interior space, fuel economy, refined performance
Overall review: We bought our '06 MPV LX Sport used with a little over 10k on the odometer. After nearly six years and 76k total miles, our experience has been mostly trouble-free. The hiccups were a bad seal in the rear passenger-side window, a main electrical control short that shut down the vehicle, and the front driver-side power window short. All of these issues were fixed under the original 48mo/50k manufacturer warranty. I also replaced the OE high-performance tires at 30k miles with a set of Pirelli P5 grand touring tires. We found them to be much better suited to the vehicle with the bonus of far superior tread life. It seats six passengers comfortably, but can accommodate seven in a pinch. The fold-into-the-floor 3rd row seat creates a ton of space when needed. Fuel economy is good, averaging around 23mpg combined city/highway. It will fit easily into most garages. Overall, it is a well-designed, well-built vehicle. If you can find one that has been regularly maintained, it's a bargain.