2006 Toyota Tundra

COULD'VE SPENT LESS AND GOT MORE by DECEIVED IN GEORGIA on 09/25/2010. Trim: 2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 Double Cab, Owned 4 years.
Pros: LOOKS VERY NICE, HAS ALOT OF POWER, IS ROOMY ENOUGH, DRIVES WELL
Cons: PAINT QUALITY IS POOR (CHIPS EASILY), PAINT FLAKED OFF GRILL (REPLACED IT 2 OR 3 TIMES),NOT ALL BUTTONS INSIDE LIGHT UP, LEATHER ON DOORS PEELING OFF (GLUED ON 2 MORE TIMES), INTERIOR IS PLAIN JANE (DASHBOARD), DAY ONE, WATER BLOWING OUT A/C VENT, ANGLE TIES BATTERY DOWN SEVERE CORROSION, 1 RECALL, SENSATION OF BEING BUMPED FROM BEHIND (TOLD LOOSE BOLT IN TRANS. MOUNT. WITH A/C KICK IN WAS CAUSE,AFTER 3 TRIPS TO SERVICE DEPT.) TURNING RADIUS-HARD TO PARK, WAS TOLD TRUCK SHAKES AT45MPH BUT BY ALIGNMENT GUY BUT I MUST BE USED TO IT. PEOPLE WHO RATE THIS TRUCK 10 ( AFTER 4MONTHS-LESS 1 YEAR) COME AND RATE AGAIN. MY PROBLEMS 6MONTHS-3YEARS.
Overall review: LOOKS GOOD, FUN TO DRIVE (WHEN NOT AT THE SERVICE DEPT.), 1ST TOYOTA AND DISPOINTED, BOUGHT BRAND NEW-PAID ALOT DIDN'T GET MUCH, SOME PROBLEMS ARE SMALL BUT SHOULD NOT HAVE THIS MANY ON A NEW TRUCK. TOYOTA SERVICE DEPT. NEED NOT ACT LIKE THEY ARE NOT AWARE OF THESE COMMON PROBLEMS BASED ON READING THESE REVIEWS. I LIKE MY TRUCK IN SPITE OF. HOPE FOR NO MORE PROBLEMS. DON'T THINK I'D BUY ANOTHER. IF YOU BUY A CHEAPER TRUCK AND IT'S A DISAPPOINTMENT YOU HAVEN'T LOST MUCH.
WELCOME TO TUNDRA COUNTRY by RONBO FROM PA. on 06/11/2010. Trim: 2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 Stepside Access Cab 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I get 23 mpg on the highway and for a V8 4WD truck that's great. I NEVER had a problems with my truck. I did install a K&N CAI and a BORLA dual exhaust which is why I get 23 mpg at 60 mph.The Tundra rides very smooth on the road.
Cons: The only thing I dislike is that there is not alot of aftermarket performance parts or accessories.
Overall review: If you want a reliable, safe, good looking truck the Toyota Tundra is a great buy. I will buy another in 20 years when this one gets to old.
Great Truck - just not for heavy towing by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/23/2005. Trim: 2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 Double Cab, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is my second Tundra. Easy cabin for 4 of us to get in and out of. Smooth engine and transmission. No wind noise. Easy ride even with the TRD package.
Cons: Poor quality OEM tires. These were on my last Tundra and were shot by 30K miles. Turning radius is poor, but expected as this truck is very long.
Overall review: If you are purchasing for heavy towing, move to the Dodge, get the hemi and get rid of it after the warranty runs out. If you want a well built truck to last 100K plus, go with the Tundra. This thing is easy to drive. Expect a combined 15-17 mpg and nothing more.
Great truck, simple and straightforward! by TRD lover on 01/16/2014. Trim: 2006 Toyota Tundra Darrell Waltrip Edition, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I have owned this truck for 4 years now. I purchased it with 71,000 miles on ti. It now has 130,000 and runs, looks, and acts the same as it did the day I test drove it. Mine is the Daryl Waltrip edition and it is the best truck I have ever owned. So far I have only had to perform routine maintenance , absolutely no issues. I love this truck!
Cons: Turning radius is wide and troublesome in tight spaces. The interior is simple and kind of bland.
Overall review: Better than the competition by a mile!!!
"A welcome relief from domestics" by in2ba8 on 12/13/2007. Trim: 2006 Toyota Tundra Limited Double Cab 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Driving this truck is a deceiving. It drives like a car, a very comfortable feeling vehicle. Though, the riders position is commanding. A solid ride. A few squeaks here and there, but nothing like the domestics. Fit and finish are impressive.
Cons: The paint on this truck does not take much to chip. The gas mileage is OK , probably in line with most trucks this size.
Overall review: I am surprised that it did not receive better ratings.
Review ID: #519935 Is this review offensive?