2006 Saab 9-3 SportCombi

2006 Saab 9-3 SportCombi Prices
2006 Saab 9-3 SportCombi Fuel Economy
ekxyLeZIyTMjmXlG by Deedee in Portland on 04/20/2012. Trim: 2006 Saab 9-3 SportCombi 2.0T, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Reading this makes my decisions easier than tiknag candy from a baby.
Cons: Reading this makes my decisions easier than tiknag candy from a baby.
Overall review: Reading this makes my decisions easier than tiknag candy from a baby.
The family sports car by Jen from Tampa, FL on 11/12/2009. Trim: 2006 Saab 9-3 SportCombi 2.0T, Owned 3 years.
Pros: This vehicle handles like a sports car yet is as comfortable as a large luxury car. I have also found very few items that I need to haul that will not fit. I love to shop and when I find a good buy I like to bring it home and have had no problem with this vehicle. I have taken it on many long trips and have excellent gas mileage between 30 and 34 miles/gallon. I drive daily for my job and get 28 - 31 miles/gal city. In 3 years no problems! If you can find one buy it.
Cons: No cons at this time
Overall review: Great vehicle
Sweeeetish Transportation by GW from Fort Worth, TX on 10/06/2007. Trim: 2006 Saab 9-3 SportCombi 2.0T, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Size, handling, power/fuel efficiency combination, interior quality, transmission.
Cons: Have to press hatch release button to open rear hatch between closings. Recirculate setting does not stay selected between starts. Moderate road noise.
Overall review: I bought this car a year ago after finding a desireable feature combination: affordable price, good gas mileage, good ride and drive, positive reviews, decent cargo volume for the occasional bulky item. Bought at the model year end for just over $26K (2.0T with leather and sunroof), which still seems like a bargain considering the car quality and dealer service (3 years free service at Sewell Saab in Dallas/Grapevine). No problems after 3600 miles; been back to the dealer once for the annual service. Car is sporty, with good handling and smooth acceleration. Power with the 4-cylinder is plenty for me. Mileage with conservative acceleration averages about 26-27 in the city/local freeways - would expect 30+ MPG on longer road trips. There is a little more road noise than I'd like, mainly on concrete freeways - different tires could help. Manual shift mode works well, though there is a slight lag between gear change request and the actual shift. Overall, I'm pleased.
Love My Aero! by Mike in LBC on 03/07/2007. Trim: 2006 Saab 9-3 SportCombi Aero, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Rocket Ship Fast, Stops on a Dime, Roomy, Unique Saab Styling
Cons: The Navagation is a Bit Archaic (but it is revised for 2007)
Overall review: I have two kids so I wanted something more practical than my Audi A4 Sedan. Since people who look at Saabs typically also look at Audi's, I will share these comparisons. First, I was able to get the Aero model for what I would have paid for a 4 cylinder A4 Avant so score one for Saab. The Aero is rocket-ship fast and the brakes are phenomenal. However, I will give points to Audi for handling which was terrific. People complain about plastic finishes in their Saab's but I don't reallly notice it. In fact, my Audi had one of the most beautiful interiors of any car (experts will even tell you that), but many of those "rubberized" surfaces soon begin to wear off and the next thing you know you have peeling rubber surfaces from your interior. If you are concerned about resale, look elsewhere, unless you get a bargain like I did. However, if ypu like being unique (as I do) this is the car for you. I have only seen one other on the roads of LA. You do get the "what is that ?" looks.
Sport Combi Rocks! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/07/2007. Trim: 2006 Saab 9-3 SportCombi 2.0T, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great car for the performance, price, and space. It feels more expensive than it is. This car turns a lot of heads when clean. I often find people checking it out at stoplights and gas stations.
Cons: Gear ratio is a little too low. I wish it accelerated in 1st and 2nd a little longer before having to shift. This could be due to the fact that I went from a Viggen to the Sport Combi.
Overall review: I would recommend this vehicle. It has been great. My wife loves the space that it offers and the drive is wonderful.