2006 Mazda Mazda3

Solid car by Just Nate on 03/12/2011. Trim: 2006 Mazda Mazda3 s 5-Door, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I have owned my 06 from new and have found it to be a very reliable and efficeint vehicle. I have the manual transmission and this vehicle has great speed and excelleration. Handling is off the charts, great manueverability for city and highway traffic. Fuel economy is better than advertised total rating is 7.9L per 100K (that is city and highway combined). A very happy vehicle!
Cons: Road noise is my biggest complaint, our center consol stopped working around 20K, but dealer fixed it right away! My only other complaint would be that it seems to chew through tires, I am on my third set of good tires,($250 per tire) but it might have something to do with my speed.
Overall review: Overall a great little unit, I would recommend to anyone.
170,000 trouble-free miles from my Mazda 3 by Kurt, Lake Conroe, TX on 10/09/2010. Trim: 2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 5-Door, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Zoom - Zoom, practicality, economy, reliability and quality.
Cons: Absolutely nothing.
Overall review: I bought my 2006 '3 new with a 5 speed. I drive a lot and have put 170,000 miles on it in the last 4.5 yeas. I cannot believe the reliability. It looks and drives like new. I did brakes, clutch and for the first time at 130,000 miles. The only thing that has broken on the car was the fan motor at 140,000 miles. I have no doubt that I'll get well over 250,000 miles out of it. Plus, it is comfortable, a blast to drive and very practical. 29.5 MPG without fail.
Money well spent by brp71 from Bayville on 03/22/2008. Trim: 2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4-Door, Owned 2 years.
Pros: good on fuel, handles well, brakes well, plenty of power, ---I love it!!!!!! got the side-curtain airbag option, so I feel plenty secure....overall it's just a well-designed, inexpensive impressive car......
Cons: I would like the trunk to be a little wider.....have to put my golf clubs in at an angle because they don't fit straight across.......
Overall review: great buy and very satisfied.....would recommend this to anyone without hesitation...... have had mine 18 months, and have driven it 60,000 miles without any problems....not even a flat tire!!!!
The thrill is gone ! by Big Poppa on 02/26/2013. Trim: 2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 5-Door, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Love this car ! great car for the price, fun to drive, good accleration ZOOM, ZOOM and corners like its on rails. I bought this bad boy new in `06 loaded, triple black 2.3 L Grand Touring,Love the hatch back with the under storage compartment. Still loooks good ! I've have more expensive cars...big mistake...save your money go with the 3
Cons: I had to ship it off to Texas... with 40 K mi. ...and an extended warranty.. My daughter needed dependable transportation.
Overall review: Can't go wrong with the Zoom 3
Great car by LuLu from Chesapeake on 11/15/2012. Trim: 2006 Mazda Mazda3 i 4-Door, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It handles great, mostly smooth easy ride. Good gas mileage. Seating is very comfortable. Plenty of space in the trunk. Easy to get in and out of. Reliable.
Cons: Very noisy when driving with the windows down. AC doesn't work well when temps are upwards of 100 or more.
Overall review: I recommend this car. Overall, I have been satisfied with my purchase.