2006 Volkswagen Jetta

The ultimate Transmission Scam by Arkansas Bishop on 08/23/2011. Trim: 2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: A pleasure to drive; excellent mileage...40-50; I have gotten as high as 54 MPG on the automatic TDI
Cons: Speedometer is fast; transmission just came apart at 157,000; no one will repair; VW quotes me $7000 to replace it! All the area mechanics tell me this is a disposable transmission! Shame on VW!
Overall review: As much as I love the car, I would not buy another VW because of the shoddy Transmission flaw; I only wish I had known before I purchased the car...I am in too deep now to quit...I will store the car until I can locate a low mileage used tranny and will toss the dice again! Can anyone tell me where to find a low mileage tranny with warranty?
Not a good car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/26/2010. Trim: 2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Overall, the vehicle is great. just hope you don't have any problems.
Cons: My transmission went out at 75,000 miles and the replacement will cost $5,235. The transmission is $4,200 alone. Of course, Volkswagen did not offer any help or compensation for my problems. They didn't even follow-up on my complaint. There no transmission shops in my area that will touch this transmission. As another person on this website reported, the warranty on the replacment transmissiin is 12 months/12,000 miles (whichever comes first). If its the same transmssion, why wouldn't you give me the 60,000 like the manufacturer's warranty? Only answer, Volkswagen knows this transmission is garbage and won't stand behind their product.
Overall review: I would buy a Toyota.
"Great MPG, HORRIBLE interior issues!" by Nate from Mobile, AL on 10/18/2007. Trim: 2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I do love the increadible gas mileage I have been getting. I love the look and feel of the car.
Cons: I have had many interior problems. From squeky seats to rattling doors and a blown right door speaker. A/C doesn't work very well, but that just might be B/C I live in the south and this summer's average temp was 101! Drivers power window went out, and with the new low sulfer Diesel fuel I'm only averaging 36 MPG and thats on the highway. My trunk rattles and sometimes doesn't open when I use the Automatic trunk release. The issue is My TDI is only 3 months old and I have only put 6000 miles on it. It's just odd to have so many interior issues. Everything else has been great. But I tend to drive the car from the inside, not sitting on the roof.
Overall review: The car is beautifull, the MPG is great, {unless you have to use new low sulfer diesel) but too many interior issues to enjoy the vehicle. I am looking to trade mine in now!
First New Car - Love it! by Sunny in CA on 08/07/2006. Trim: 2006 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5L, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I bought this car 5 months ago and absolutely love it. Coming from driving a Jeep, this car is fun, sporty and best of all good looking. It is very comfortable for road trips or everyday driving.
Cons: I was hopeing for a little better MPG but I still love the car. I would have also liked a few more options (i.e. MP3 player connection and bluetooth ready)
Overall review: Great car, handles well, very comfortable.
GOOD TO GO by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/13/2005. Trim: 2006 Volkswagen Jetta GLI, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Acelleration, handling, and sturdiness
Cons: Wind noise around drivers door, even at low speeds
Overall review: Sure footed, sporty compact car.