2006 Saab 9-3

2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
highly recommended by P.J. on 06/01/2012. Trim: 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great passing power on the higway with a stable ride. I average 26 MPG between city and higway driving. Handles great for a front wheel drive car too.
Cons: Back seat is small. Headliner creaks over potholes. Suspension can be a little stiff on city roads.
Overall review: Great car that is fun to drive and reliable.
Another great workhorse from the shuttered Saab stable by Andrew in Chicago on 04/28/2012. Trim: 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T Sedan, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Drove this car hard over many miles; stood up to all kinds of punishment without any major or even moderate mechanical problems
Cons: Styling makes it look a bit too much like every other mid size contemporary car, a shame when its price tag really merited some innovative styling to match its engineering.
Overall review: Phenomenally reliable rugged car
Quick, economial fun in the sun by Scooter on 04/27/2012. Trim: 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T Convertible, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Quick responsive 2.0 Turbo, great on gas and power when you want it. Very good looking convertible with functional rear seats. Quick steering and handling. Very easy to upgrade performance.
Cons: Didn't come with Bacon
Overall review: Best bang for the buck 4 seater convertible period. Had mine for 1 1/2 years with no issues at all. Very cool looking, comfortable and quick. A ECU upgrade gets this up to 280 HP for a really light car making it lightning quick. Want fuel economy? Keep you foot off the turbo and you will be rewarded with 36 mpg on the highway. Top comes down with one button in 20 seconds.
Saab 93 Aero -Born of Jets, Ready to Fly by Fusion Blue from NE Ohio on 08/15/2006. Trim: 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I just finished my lease (2004 Saab 95 Aero) and I opted for the 2006 - 93 Aero, and I must say I was not disappointed in my selection. I looked at Cadillac CTS-S, Infinite G35, BMW 330 and after stacking the 4 autos, the Saab won, better price, better fit and finish, more fun to drive and most unique! I am getting nearly 27 mpg, while averaging nearly 75-80 mph daily commute and the occasional "140+". The Saab is very smooth and sounds great; I love the dual exhaust sound. The 6-speed sentronic automatic transmission gives you plenty of control and performance, I found it better then the 2004 Saab 95 Aero. Saab is a sleeper; I love the "Born from Jets" advertising.
Cons: No OnStar option, I am still trying to figure out the phone and additional radio options on the car, I heard they were for European countries. I would have opted for the Navigation option, but the dealer did not have any in stock.
Overall review: Saab and Cadillac are in a class all alone in the GM portfolio! Keep up the good work. The so-called "Experts" are way off the mark; I wonder if they actually drive the cars, they offer their opinion on? If they did, I am sure the 2006 Saab 93 Aero would have scored much higher then the 7.9 -vs. - 9.5 the "Users" rated
Diamond in the rough by Aero_Tex on 07/11/2006. Trim: 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: My Saab 9-3 Aero Sedan is a fantastic bargain. You get many options and features plus a 250 hp engine for a lot less than comparable BMWs, and Audis. The mid-line acceleration of this car is tremendous. The 2.8 V6 is smooth and provides 258 ft/lb of torque for unlimited passing capability. (Now I know why this engine won Ward's Automotive Guide Ten Best Engines for 2006.) In addition, the exterior styling is very unque and draws lots of attention. Handling is superb and the brakes are powerful. The 6 speed automatic is buttery smooth and the steering wheel paddle shifters add a nice sporty touch.
Cons: The build quality of the interior door handles is a little poor. I would also prefer a standard steering wheel without the added metallic accents.
Overall review: The car is a great bargain. Could not find the same luxury features along with a powerful V6 engine in any other car unless I wanted to pay an extra 5-8 thousand dollars. This is my first Saab after owning 2 Audis and I'm surprised more people are not purchasing this car.
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next