2006 Audi A8

The Ultimate high end vehicle!!! by Paul from Quincy on 01/24/2011. Trim: 2006 Audi A8 Sedan, Owned 5 years.
Pros: The best car I own, and I own a Lexus and Rolls Royce.
Cons: Problems with automatic trunk lid.
Overall review: Fantastic car!!! Iwould like to get a 2011 S-8.
Refined Muscle by Audi or bust on 07/07/2009. Trim: 2006 Audi A8 Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The car delivers on it's promise of luxury and refined performance. Fit and finish are superb and the handling is crisp and predictable. After driving the 7 series Bmer and the "tiny" Infinity, the choice was clear.
Cons: Missing Ipod connectivity, but was able to have that added
Overall review: Performance, Quality, This Audi truly delivers world class craftsmanship.
the perfect car by Audi driver from Bend Oregon on 02/13/2007. Trim: 2006 Audi A8 L W12, Owned 1 year.
Pros: from the day i drove my audi a8 off the lot i have been impresed with all features of it. the w12 gives all the power you will ever need.the interior has plenty of room for my family, enough leather and wood to make even the most snooty of my bosses take a second look and yet every thing is within easy reach while driving through city traffic or barreling down the back roads at 110. audi styling is the perfect blend of subtle elegance and sporty weekend road killer. all in all i think that if this car were priced at that of a bentley or rolls it would still be the best buy of all three.
Cons: the stock brakes are a little spongey, and i think it could use another inch on the stock rims and tires. but thats nothing that a grand or two at the local speed shop can't fix.
Overall review: i tested many cars before even looking at audi, including bmw, lexus, mercedes, this was the first audi car that i drove. after about 10 minutes in it i knew it had to be mine. for all the cars in it's price range and higher. i think it is the best car you can get. living in a snowy mountainous area and taking almost daily trips to the mountain the audi quattro system has never let me down even in deep snow. in all anyone in the market for a new car should take a look at this vehicle they won't be dissapointed
The perfect luxary car for all seasons by Allen in Seattle on 01/06/2007. Trim: 2006 Audi A8 Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Everything! This car knows how to treat the folks that have 77K to spend on an automobile. From the ventalited/massaging seats, heated stearing wheel, more adjustments in the seats then the space shuttle, to power...everything (even closing the doors and trunk for you). The LED lighting system for both the interior and exterior are just a great touch that is adjustable to meet anyones needs and lights ug the surroundings of the car when it is dark out. The headlights that curve around the corners, added witht he very bright cornering lights makes it a brease to see all around in night driving.
Cons: It is a bit hard to find the stearing wheel heat switch, if you don't know where to look. There is no aux input for the addio system to plug in your Zune device (or iPod). As noted above in performance, for the engine and gas mileage, I would think it would throw you back in the seat a bitt better, but it is still very capible.
Overall review: I have the black/amaretto with amber sycamore wood, the same as in the movie Transporter 2 (s bestiful combo). This is my 3rd Audi and first A8. It will not be the last one! I was so thrilled a few weeks ago when I was leaving the campus after a snowstorm and after watching 1 MB and 2 BMW's try to make it up a slick hill and fall back down to the bottom, I told then they could try to follow me up the hill (just stay in my tracks). I turned left to see that no one had made it more than 1/3 the way up the hill yet and had a short thought saying to myself...err, did I make the right choice? Well, teh ESP and Quatro kicked in and I jst drove up the ramp like it was a warm summers day. The 3 hour drive home was in complete comfort and relaxation. I listened to the Sirius, had a massage, the auto cliamte control kept the entire vehicle warn (w/o any cold spots), the Quatro got me through more hills where more of those other expensive RWD cars had failed. In short, buy this car!
The last Audi I will ever own with good reason. by South Florida on 11/26/2006. Trim: 2006 Audi A8 Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very good overall handling, brakes and ride. The engine is stout and quite predictable. Seats are comfortable. A/C is excellent.
Cons: Have 16K miles on the car and had it in six times for repairs. Automatic trunk opener, tire pressure monitor and center console arm rests are always breaking down. Always. They cannot properly repair these items. Because of the rear seat headrest is large, visibility is very poor through the rear-view window. You must turn your head every time when changing lanes- side view mirrors are poor and small. The posts between the front and rear seat obstruct vision. Every time there is an Audi update it loses your memory channel in the radio. Also, this car gets really lousy mileage in the city (like 12 mpg) and decent mileage on highways. I am forever filling this car up. Audi service does
Overall review: Mechanically this car is fine. However,technologically it is series of constant, aggravating, mostly recurring problems. Expect to know the service manager very well. As much as I wanted to like this car the systemic problems that make it the last Audi I will every buy. They can't fix it. You can expect headaches. FYI, my last cars in my family have been a Mercedes CL 500, BMW 745, Mercedes SL 600 and 3 Porches.
Review ID: #501906 Is this review offensive?