2006 MINI Cooper

06 Mini Convertible After Seven Years by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/12/2013. Trim: 2006 MINI Cooper Convertible, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Afer seven years and 240K+ miles still running great
Cons: None
Overall review: Afer seven years and 240K+ miles still running great
The devil drives a MINI! by Cinci mama on 11/12/2009. Trim: 2006 MINI Cooper S, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: WOW! Other vehicle owners wave and honk when driving by.. not just MINI owners. Sweet little car with good handling, great acceleration.
Cons: I only notice sometimes when I put on the brakes quickly that I seem to 'slide' minimally. Not sure what winter will be like yet.
Overall review: Take one for a test drive and you'll be sold!
'06 Mini Cooper S After (Almost) Five Years by MINI-happy in Colorado on 09/30/2010. Trim: 2006 MINI Cooper S, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I've owned my 2006 Cooper S for almost 5 years now. I still smile every time I walk up to it and see it--I still think the styling is great. After almost 5 years the car is still fun to drive. The car has been very reliable so far--very few problems, and the problems I've had have not been serious
Cons: Hated the spare cup holder Hate run-flat tires--have been much happier w/ radials (car is quieter and handles MUCH better) The seat- warmer buttons are in a bad place--sometimes if I set a bottle of water down by the brakes I'll accidently turn it on. This is mostly a problem in the summer. The Mini keys are a bit unweildy--it would have been nice if they were foldable like the Audi or VW keys for cars of the same production year. The clear-coat on the back-side of the car feels like it needs to be reapplied--it may be from the tendency of coopers to have a chronically dirty boot. After 5 years the front could use some touch-up paint at a detail shop.
Overall review: Overall, I am still quite happy with my '06 Mini after (almost) 5 years and 60k miles of driving. I replaced the run-flat tires with decent Good Year radials, which drastically improved handling (when I first put in Eagle F150s I experienced the feeling of the tires "grabbing onto" the road), and reduced cabin noise. I replaced the brake pads with ceramic pads, which keeps the wheels from getting as dirty. I installed a K&N filter in place of the stock filter which (supposedly) helps performance a little bit. I have had very few problems with the car. A sensor in the passenger seat malfunctioned twice, which causes two different air-bag lights to go on. There was also a coolant leak at some point, but that happened while the car was still under warranty. No engine problems. No transmission problems. No major quality control issues.
mini cooper s 2006 the best car" by iris portillo .MD on 05/07/2009. Trim: 2006 MINI Cooper S, Owned 3 years.
Pros: i love the apperance the leather sit and becuase i have a 4 year old daughter and i feel she is more secure becuase she cant open the doors i would recommended is fun attractive to drive and people got to see it inside is gourgeous mini cooper s 2006 the best .
Cons: none
Overall review: is fun to drive is fast. so be careful with speeding
Bestest Cutest Motoring Machine by Mini Lover-Salt Lake City on 03/27/2007. Trim: 2006 MINI Cooper Base, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love the Mini because it's so adorable and so safe. I feel like a million bucks when I drive it. I love the styling and the way it turns heads. It's so fast! I don't even drive the S and it's super fast and easy to drive. Not only is it a total babe magnet you feel like a babe in it. There;s no better way to get around town. I can't wait to take it on a road trip because of it's excellent gas mileage. Think of driving it along the coast. Magical! I bet that if everyone drove a mini there would be no more drive by shootings and no more road rage because you are so happy when you drive it.
Cons: The trunk is definitely on the small side. It's a little hard to take things with you when driving this cute little thing. It would be good however for a road trip to the beach where all you need is a bikini and your honey.
Overall review: I love the Mini. I think it handles well and I always feel safe. BMW really came up with a catch on this one. The mini website could also keep me entertained for hours. Check it out!I would recommend the mini cooper for anyone into sports cars for looks, handling, sport, speed, and attractibility. (If that's a word)