2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Problematic by Jon from Everett, WA on 02/07/2010. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 3.5L, Owned 4 years.
Pros: good fuel economy
Cons: Poor quality of materials
Overall review: I have had quite a few expensive problems with this car at pretty low miles. First the dashboard had to be replaced as part of it was curling(1000 miles). Next came the transmission. They didn't really explain it to me but it had something to do with its electronics. It would shift hard but it would come and go. It started at about 20K miles and didn't get fixed by the dealers until just under 36K. They told me because they couldnt replicate the problem they couldnt do anything about it even though they saw the check engine light. The other major issue I had was the water pump and a gasket went bad at 37k miles. That ended up being a $1400 bill. Im currently at 40k miles and just hoping to make it another few months without any issues until I turn it in. Would not recommend this vehicle.
Bill Brasky by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/30/2012. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 3.5L, Owned 5 years.
Pros: mpg
Cons: one problem after another. I will not buy another chevy
Overall review: one problem after another. I will not buy another chevy
2006 Monte Carlo LT 3.5 liter by Jim from Lima, Ohio on 06/12/2009. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 3.5L, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I have 99,000+ miles on my vehicle ( 2006) and have had no problems except for regular service, oil changes, transmission flush, and tires. Car rides well and gets an average of 32 MPG highway and 20 mpg city. It handles well, smooth ride, and good trunk space. I purchased it for $12,500.00 cash in early 2007 and have been satisfied. Purchased from GM dealer.
Cons: I don't care for the 2 door, back seat a little tight and could use more room in front. Stereo not very loud.
Overall review: Overall I would recommend this vehicle, but not to someone that has a hard time getting up or down. My father (76 yrs. old) does not like to ride in it, he says it is to low for him.
COMPLETE DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!!!!! by CALEB from Utah. on 07/13/2007. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LTZ, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The looks, the stereo, the gas mileage.
Cons: Heavy doors, POOR quality, weak engine power, ABSOLUTELY no resale value.
Overall review: I bought the car brand new. It had 160 miles on it. By the time it had 170 miles on it, it was broken. Literally the day after I drove it off the lot, it broke, and has been breaking ever since. I've owned the car 12 months today, and it has broken 1 time for every month I've owned it. Tire pressure sensor moniter, weather stripping on BOTH windows, drivers side seat track, oil pressure sensor, drivers side door lock, drivers side window motor, power steering hose TWICE, oil leak from the oil pan. Out of alignment from the repairs and GM's warranty wont cover the realignment, only the setting the tow. Squealing noise when I put the pedal down. Rattles inside the passenger door required repairs. Seat belt fraying from sliding in the guide. On top of this, after paying 25k for this car, after just a year of owning it, I cant get any more than 14k on trade and 17k on private sale. The only reason I dont regret buying this car is now I know not to make the mistake twice. DO NOT BUY ONE!
Silver Bullet by Hustler from Buckeye State on 09/18/2006. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 3.9L, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Power and performance. Interior and Exterior are sharp looking design, especially 17" aluminum wheels. Very comforable for 6 feet tall to drive.
Cons: Front wheels drive.
Overall review: 2006 Monte Carlo is a only car that it is full size, 2 doors, and affordable out there right now.