2006 Chevrolet Colorado

Great Not So Little Truck by Mike from South Milwaukee on 05/16/2006. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT1 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The interior comfort is a pleasant surprise. Both the front abd back seats sre spacious and comfortable. The ride on the Z85 suspension is almost car like. Traction control with the two wheel drive is excelent on winter roads.
Cons: It could use sound insulation. You can hear the engine and the road. I miss the full gage package.
Overall review: Don't be fooled by it's trim exterior. It rivals it's competitors for interior space and comfort. The two position tail gate is very desireable for hauling building materials.
Review ID: #491942 Is this review offensive?
awsome mid-size truck by andy way nascar nut! on 06/14/2006. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT3 Crew Cab 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I like the styling, wheel flares, makes look mean. The engine is good and tow's well, but sounds wimpy. Gas mileage is right on the money, city driving wish it could be better, but a truck in the city you get what you get. All in All awsome truck, I waited 23years for company truck with bells and whistles!!!
Cons: Engine sound's wimpy and gas milage in town, but a great looking truck and better than the S-10. Towing is good but not the greatest but it will do for my job's.
Overall review: Awsome,Awsome the looks of wheel flares and step rails and big tires make this truck look very mean!! leather seats are great and heated for the winter in mn will be good. I am very happy with my truck and will always BUY CHEVY'S TILL I DIE!!!! I have always owned a chevy and have a chev avalanche in the garage as we speak! AWSOME TRUCKS!!!
my go getter by simonsez61 on 11/11/2011. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT2 Crew Cab 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I really like the styling. Hardley any rattles after 90,000 miles.
Cons: Dont understand why GM put such a poor fuel milage engine in this vehicle. 13 to 14 mpg in and around town is a joke.
Overall review: I would buy another if the fuel mpg were improved greatly
Good Farm and Highway Tool by Farmer Joe from Nebraska on 08/03/2008. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Colorado LS Ext. Cab 2WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Seating head and legroom is excellent for my 6'6" frame. The 5 cylinider engine has given no problems and I am satisfied with the mileage. The back seat is handy for short trips with adult men. It has always been a farm pickup and has on occasion been abused with heavy loads both towed (12,000lbs) and hauled. On a recent 115 mile hiway trip the carefully checked mileage was 30.2 mpg. This was the first trip with all synthetic oil, but we are making no claims. It has served us as we had planned for 38,000 miles and is still a tight, reliable machine.
Cons: The hood mechanism is a hazard. It needs to be held in the up position as do those on larger vehicles. The seats are somewhat small for a tall man. For dusty conditions a larger air filter would extend changing time.
Overall review: This has been a very satisfactory vehicle which I would purchase again. For tall man on long trips, I would not recommend the driver's seat with only manual adjustment. We have found that the mileage is markedly improved by replacing the air filter before it appears to be very dirty. Conclusion: If mileage is bad, replace the air filter whether it looks bad or not. We had a spray-on bed liner installed at delivery which I would strongly recommend. Drive one of these pickups before you decide against it based on some of these reviews.
Chevy Colorado! Simple the Best! by sawillis from Missouri on 11/15/2007. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT1 Crew Cab 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I live in a rural area and did not want a full sized pickup. I love the inline 5 cylinder motor. It gets pretty good gas mileage. 22-23 highway and 20-21 around town. It rides like a truck. It sits up taller which I like. No noise when going down the road. I am thrilled to have this truck.
Cons: Only one thing that bothers me a little is that I am kind of long legged and this makes it a little difficult in getting in.
Overall review: Great truck! I love it and would recommend it to anyone that wants a truck, but not a full sized one.