2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx pictures
2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Prices
2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
Pleased as a peach in Georgia by BC and SC in GA on 07/07/2010. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT, Owned 3 years.
Pros: We love our Maxx. My wife wanted a CUV, but the insurance on this CAR is much less. Great gas mileage; very comfortable on road trips; low cost maintenance; great radio; very little to dislike. Very safe in accident - I was T-Boned and the insurance company insisted on repairing the car. I didn't have a scratch on me and the car is just like new.
Cons: HUGE blind spots on this car because of the D-Pillar; no iPod interface; the A/C is cold, but sometimes can't keep up with the Georgia heat - the A/C compressor died at 70K miles and cost $1100 to replace! Only problem I have had that wasn't covered by warranty.
Overall review: A GREAT car for the price. I bought mine used as a side note - went to buy a Saturn Vue and brought home our Maxx instead. LOVE this car. Would buy a new Malibu wagon - if GM made one - in a minute (actually would buy 2 because my wife has fallen for my car). Easy to get infanct/toddler seats in and out unlike our other vehicles.
Superb all-round vehicle by PEI, Canada on 10/30/2010. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT, Owned 4 years.
Pros: With lots of legroom fore and aft, loads of cargo space and a quiet and smooth ride on the highway, This car is perfect for our tall family with two dogs. There was no better car out there when we bought it in 2006.
Cons: The brakes, rotors, bearings and suspension have been replaced at great cost to us.
Overall review: If only one car was available to buy, this should be it. It is an impressive all-rounder which is an absolute pleasure to drive. With low used prices, I would say that if you find one, buy it!
2006 Chevy Malibu Maxx SS by Maxx in Michigan on 03/09/2010. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Unique styling, like the 18" tires. Hatch back is handy. Rear seat has plenty of leg room. Remote start is nice. Stereo sound is good, auto climate control is nice. Engine has plenty of power. Handling good.
Cons: Gas mileage could be better. (17/23; 27 at 65 mph) Struts were replaced at 34K. Seats are not very supportive, especially on long trips. Front brakes turned twice before 36K. (replaced at 48K) Random noise in front dash.
Overall review: Decent car for the money. Hope it will last a long time. Recommend the smaller V6 engine, much better gas mileage.
Love it! Wouldn't dream of trading it in. by NascarFan from Illinois on 08/05/2009. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LTZ, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love the great fuel mileage. It is roomy enough for my family of 5 which includes a teenager, a pre-teen and a school-ager. They love the DVR player. There is plenty of room in the hatch area to carry quite a bit of cargo.
Cons: There are some blind spots which make backing a little difficult. I wish it had came with backing assist like I have had in a past mini-van.
Overall review: I love my Malibu Maxx!!! My husband owns a 2008 Grand Prix and the kids want to ride in my car. They say it has more room. I drove a mini van for about 10 years prior to owning my Maxx and I wouldn't go back to a mini van.
Performance with Problems by Mountain Man on 12/31/2008. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Performance and overall appearance
Cons: Upholstery and carpeting are not the greatest in quality. Had problems with the cv joints with only 40,000 miles. Electronic mirrors quit working at less than 50,000 miles.
Overall review: Good car for the price with nice performance and handling
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next