2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata

Love this car by Dom on 11/22/2011. Trim: 2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport, Owned 5 years.
Pros: great car - puts a smile on your face with the top down.
Cons: none !
Overall review: Go for a test drive.
Zoom-Zoom! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/21/2007. Trim: 2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Base, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I like everything about this vehicle, it was love at first sight. Convertible top is a joy to put up or down. I like the way the radio screen says HELLO to me when I start the car. ZOOM-ZOOM!
Cons: I would like a couple of more increments on the intermittent wiper mode. I would also like lights on the visors. Floormat on passenger side needs an anchor. Why does this new car not have daytime running lights?
Overall review: This is a great daily driver that is loads of fun to drive. I've put over 7000 miles in the first 90 days of ownership. For the money, you can't buy a better convertible.
Must drive to appreciate by DH ATL on 01/17/2007. Trim: 2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Base, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Styling, handling. This car is so fun to drive!! Lowering and raising the top is very easy. I can't wait until the spring.
Cons: Rear visibility. Poor quality floor mats.
Overall review: An excellent car!!
An Orgasmic Driving Experience On a Budget by Retired MMC from Camarillo on 10/22/2008. Trim: 2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Everything!
Cons: 1. Trying to wrestle it away from my wife so I can drive it to work. 2. Slightly less foot room in the cockpit compared to my previous Miatas
Overall review: This is my third Miata. I resisted the urge to buy one new, back in 2006 because I thought it was too "sophisticated", and preferred my second generation '04. That was the car I grudgingly replaced my '91 with after putting 200K miles on the odometer (0 problems of course, even had the original clutch) However; after arriving in SoCal and "having' to re-procure a Miata, a slightly used '06 called out to us. The car is nothing short of amazing with respect to any measure of performance; an orgasmic driving experience with more than adequate power and outstanding fuel economy. A difficult vehicle to drive and not smile; if everyone owned one, the result could possibly be no more wars!
Better than ever mx-5 by Georgia blue moon on 10/28/2006. Trim: 2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Touring, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: What a blast to drive,handling is cat quick and performance with the 2.0 liter engine is smooth and strong thru entire rpm range.With 6speed auto with manuel mode is excellent and paddles on steering wheel make the mx-5 like a 6speed stick without any effort,also the auto is quiet and at 80mph on freeway is at just 2650 rpm unlike the 6speed stick which is that rpm at 60 so for the people who want to cruise and take trips the auto is the way to go.Much more comfortable than expected and much better than any miata previous to 2006,and the 50/50 weight balance has made the ride much more controlled between firm and smooth depending on road conditions.Mazda has made the mx-5 even better.
Cons: To early in ownership to complain about anything.
Overall review: Mazda has made a great car even better,from ride and comfort to performance and bigger interior/exterior the total redesign for 2006 has kept the mx-5 the best little roadster for the value and fun on the market.It was a 10 best car previous to 2006 and with all the changes and upgrades should easily keep it a 10 best and much better than the competition (sorry pontiac) nice try but the mazda mx-5 miata is the best buy and i would recommend it to anybody who wants fun value quality ect... so drive it,zoom zoom.......