2006 Lincoln Town Car

A LARGE LUXURY CAR FOR MID SIZED PRICES, WITH 5 STAR SAFETY RATING by KING FRED FROM NARRAGANSETT, RI on 08/07/2009. Trim: 2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature, Owned 1 year.
Pros: THIS IS MY 6TH LINCOLN TOWN CAR, IT IS A 2006 SIGNATURE SERIES MODEL. GAS MILEAGE AT 60 MILES PER HOUR 28.0 MPG, BECAUSE IT HAD NITROGEN FILLED TIRES, AND I DO NOT KEEP MUCH IN THE TRUNK. THE CARS RIDE IS BETTER, LIGHTER, AND MORE RESPONSIVE. I HAVE HEARD THAT THE RESALE VALUE IS TOO LOW? WELL I BOUGHT THIS CAR 2 YEARS OLD AND PAID ONLY $20,0000, WITH 29,000 MILES, AND SINCE IT WAS A FLORIDA CAR, ALL MY FRIENDS, BODY SHOP GUY, OTHER CAR DEALERS SAID THAT I STOLE THE CAR FOR THAT LOW PRICE. I HAVE NOT HAD TO PUT A CENT INO IT SINCE DAY ONE PURCHASE. WHEN I HIT 250,000 MILES ON THIS 2006, I WILL BUY ANOTHER LINCOLN TOWN CAR THAT IS 2 YEARS OLD, HOPEFULLY AN L SERIES , WHICH IS HARD TO FIND.
Cons: THE TRUNK IS SMALLER, SO I HAVE TO USE A DONUT SPARE TIRE, VS ALWAYS USING A FULL SIZED SPARE TIRE MOUNTED ON A FIFTH MAG WHEEL. THE AIR CONDITIONER AND HEATER ARE NOT AS STRONG AS MY 1995 LINCOLN TOWN CAR. HEADROOM IN THE FRONT & BACK SEAT NOT AS GENEROUS AS THE 1995 LINCOLN TOWN CAR. THE BACK SEAT IS SMALLER THAN THE 1995 LINCOLN TC.
Overall review: I WOULD STILL RATE IT A TEN BY ITSELF COMPARED TO OTHER MODELS, LIKE THE VARIOUS CADDY'S WHICH ARE MUCH LESS COMFORTABLE, BUT COST MUCH MORE.
THE American Car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/21/2009. Trim: 2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Everything
Overall review: A Shining example of American Craftsmanship
2006 Lincoln Town Car Lemon by Jim in Mississauga, Ontario on 01/30/2008. Trim: 2006 Lincoln Town Car Designer Series, Owned 1 year.
Pros: very little
Cons: The 4.6 liter 3V V8 engine made in Romeo Michigan has a severe hidden engine problem. The engine generally runs too cool and excessive white emulsion goop can be seen building up in the valve covers, removing the oil filler cap you will see the white goop. How many lincoln owners remove the oil cap to see the white deposits? I would suggest at temperatures below 32 , deg F that you use the block heater extensively especially for short trips. At least 3 hours heating( 400 watt heater ) extensively especially in the winter. A licensed mechanic said the white goop could be a minor coolant leak because of a small head gasket leak?
Overall review: I am not happy with this car The car is 10 months old and has 2000 ikm mileage My older Lincoln town car a 1997 , had a perfect engine and never sludged up, I should never have sold it--- my mistake
An American Legend of Quality by Ted, North Carolina on 03/17/2007. Trim: 2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Wonderfull ride quality, with luxury comfort. Fuel efficiency is very good for a full size luxury car.Unsurpassed safety features, with a spacious interior and trunk. This is a true American road car that handles well in city driving. Quality in workmanship is surpurb. I have had no problems whatsoever, and am proud to be driving a true American made luxury car. This is a great car that I would recommend without reservation.
Cons: To this point, I have found nothing............
Overall review: I am pleased that American workers, and Ford Motor Company can produce such an icon as the LincolnTown Car. This is a truly great car. I can not imagine buying anything else.
They just keep getting better and better by The oldguy from Nebraska on 12/02/2006. Trim: 2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is the 4th towncar I have owned and I will probably never own any other make or model. The comfort of the ride is excellent, especially for someone that is in chronic pain. The heated seats are heavenly! The economy is very good for this large of a car. The car is quiet, with an excellent sound system. I've never owned any other car that can measure up to the towncar.
Cons: The only thing that could be improved in my opinion is the rough down shift of the cruise control when going down steep inclines.
Overall review: Ultimate luxury at an affordable price!