2006 Mercury Montego

2 3 4 5 6  Next
A completely competent car by Jonathan on 04/15/2010. Trim: 2006 Mercury Montego Premier AWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very comfortable to sit in and to drive. All wheel drive is also exceptional in the winter.
Cons: Loud, buzzy and laggard performance. However, I knew this when I bought the car, and so it's not such a big deal.
Overall review: Great used / second car. Dependable, comfortable, safe and mildly luxurious.
Great car! by HappyMontyOwner from NY on 07/23/2009. Trim: 2006 Mercury Montego Premier, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It has lots of storage space, plenty of room for cups, sunglasses, and a console for cds, or whatever else you want to keep under cover in the car. The back seat and trunk are roomy. The interior is sturdy and resists dirt. At 2 years old this car was immaculate in and out and looked brand new. We've had the car 6 months and so far so good. We used to have a VW Beetle that had no storage or trunk space, and was always in the repair shop. The Montego doesn't have the cuteness or the convertible top, but it's a refreshing change to have a quality vehicle.
Cons: One issue we have is a paint defect--- apparently Ford has had this problem for awhile, and we had to have the hood repainted. Also, when you press the button to lower the driver side window all the way, the window starts to go up first before it goes down. I also thought a car this size would have a little more kick when accelerated, but that's okay. We love this car!
Overall review: My husband and I love this car. We wish it was a little sportier in appearance, but we know this is just the way it is. It's nice to have a car that's not constantly getting fixed (whoever reads this: never buy a VW, we had 2 before this and they have ridiculous problems & what's worse, the VW company has worst customer service ever, I don't know why they still have a reputation of making good cars). Montego is durable, comfortable, & gets great safety ratings. I talked to another owner who said it's the best car he's ever had. Now Mercury switched back to the Sable name, I hope that car is just as good so people can still get this great car.
Exelent Family Car by juan on 11/01/2008. Trim: 2006 Mercury Montego Luxury, Owned 2 years.
Pros: interior room
Cons: needs more power
Overall review: Exelent vehicle for the money
the 2006 Montego by negotiator 69 from the Boston area on 02/18/2008. Trim: 2006 Mercury Montego Premier, Owned 2 years.
Pros: ford came up with a completely radical design combining safety with the amenities that were needed in todays automobile. I have had eight taurus' or sables since and this car is far and away an upgrade.
Overall review: I firmly believe that if Ford had the foresight to proclaim the 500 and Montego as the next generation Taurus and Sable right off the drawing board that they would have been up front on the safe and eficient cars of today. Also maybe by going off earlier on the introduction of the "Next Generation" of the two labels might have saved Ford billions of lost dollars due to the failed campaign on the Montego and 500.
"A great luxury midsize" by Pepper from Roswell on 02/18/2008. Trim: 2006 Mercury Montego Premier, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Solid, comfortable, economical and fun to drive.
Cons: No front seat side airbags.
Overall review: Change cars every three years. Will purchase another Montego.
2 3 4 5 6  Next