2006 Scion xA

Excellent little car by Gary from NC on 08/07/2011. Trim: 2006 Scion xA 5-Door Hatchback, Owned 5 years.
Pros: For the price and type of car it is, you can't beat it. We have never had a problem and the car has over 55k miles now.
Cons: None.
Overall review: Excellent buy. I will get another Scion, but first I want to see 200k plus miles roll around.
Scion Xa a fun car by JPFCFW on 11/14/2006. Trim: 2006 Scion xA 5-Door Hatchback, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The XA is a fun vehicle to drive, fast and ninble. My gas mileage is great, aprox. 34-36 if you're not pushing the engine. Keeping the rev's under 3000 during acceleration is the key. People love the car and its great to own a vechile that not everyone has heard of or owns. The standard stereo system is great and having the controls on the steering wheel is a convience thats welcome. Just went through my first snow storm (6 inches) and the car handled quite well for its weight and size. It took some time to get use to having all the contols, speedometer in the center of the dash, but it is an advantage at night not have the dash lights shining in your face.
Cons: My biggest dislike is the noise level when you open only the back windows. The rumble is terrible and you have to crack open a front window to equlize the air pressure. NOT ACCEPTABLE in my books. I'm presently working on this problem with the dealer. The engine/road noise is what you would expect in a small car, but thats was the stereo systems for. More on the center control panel; small amount of light from dash does reflect onto windshield.
Overall review: Overall I would purchase the Xa again, but I think I would be more likely to purchase the auto instead of the stick shift, just to have the cruise control. The stick shift at highway speeds/overdrive has a tendency to creep up in speed if you're not watching, and I just got my first speeding ticket in 12 years.
Vacationing Retiree's Special by Larry and Karen from Huntington, WV on 11/24/2005. Trim: 2006 Scion xA 5-Door Hatchback, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Took our 2005 Scion for its third oil change and came home with a 2006! Love the color (Flint), radio controls on the steering wheel and the new indicator lights on the outside mirrors. It's great on the highway and even better around town. Perfect car for us "seniors".
Cons: Absolutely none!
Overall review: A+ in every area.
Great car for city, all-season driving by Jason in Omaha on 03/02/2008. Trim: 2006 Scion xA 5-Door Hatchback, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Great city mileage. Love the practical body style. Very short, but still fits 4 adults quite well. Drives great in snow.
Cons: Gears are too short for my tastes. Highway mileage is just ok. I've never approached 40mpg in this car, and wonder if people who claim to aren't drafting semis. MythBusters showed that was quite effective. Standard features aren't exactly what I would have chosen. Don't care about power windows or mirrors, and power steering really isn't necessary in a car this size. Heated mirrors would have been nice, though.
Overall review: This is my third winter with this car. I love to drive around when the roads get really bad, to show people driving suv's they really are wasting their money. The short body make it one of the most front heavy vehicles on the road, and the narrow tires help it dig through the snow to the pavement beneath. It did fine with the stock tires, but this year I invested in a 2nd set of wheels and winter tires (Mich X-Ice). It's no extra hassle because you should be rotating tires about twice a year anyway. Total cost around $900, but that's less then getting optional AWD on most models, and it's more effective from a safety standpoint. AWD keeps you from getting stuck, but snow tires keep you from getting killed. Also, much of the cost is offset by the longer expected life from your all-seasons. Lots of people get rid of all-seasons prematurely, because winter handling decreases well before the tire is used up.
VALUE ABOVE ALL by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/02/2008. Trim: 2006 Scion xA 5-Door Hatchback, Owned 1 year.
Pros: EVERYTHING
Cons: SHOULD HAVE HEATED OUTSIDE REARVIEW MIRRORS, INTEMIINENT REAR WIPER SETTING.
Overall review: AN ECELLENT VALUE FOR THE MONEY