2006 Mercury Mountaineer

2006 Mercury Mountaineer Prices
2006 Mercury Mountaineer Fuel Economy
GREAT, get one for yourself! by Carl on 03/05/2012. Trim: 2006 Mercury Mountaineer Luxury 4.0L AWD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Great car, lot of room (3 rows of seats for this price?) LOVE IT
Cons: Please if you are not getting good gas mileage TUNE it. I think my V6 is great. Do not believe what they are saying about transmition problems, it really depends of the owner. I bought mone with a savage title and had have it for 3 years now, I have put more than 30K , So now at 98000 it still runs great. My mechanic says it wont need much for about 3 to 4 years.
Overall review: Great SUV, lots of room, elegant, good gas mileage for its kind. It is reliable in ALL weather conditions.
Ebony bling truck by Rebel on 12/16/2008. Trim: 2006 Mercury Mountaineer Luxury 4.6L 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Classy style, great handling, plenty of power,extras every where.
Cons: Slight transmittion lag, possible modulator problem.
Overall review: Great vehicle, but with all the extra bling items, its highly recommended that one gets an extended warrentee plan!
Best all-around vehicle by Ma Dukes from Florida on 12/12/2006. Trim: 2006 Mercury Mountaineer Luxury 4.0L 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is my 3rd Mountaineer. I just love the way it rides and it looks great.
Cons: Head rest cause blind spots. Door handles are badly placed. I had a 2003 which had the gear shift on the column which left a place for a tray for coins, etc. Where the 2006's gear shift is, there is no tray, which I miss.
Overall review: Good value for the money. Highly recommend to anyone wanting a mid size SUV. My husband has a small Lexus SUV, but keeps borrowing mine!
The smoothest ride of any SUV on the market! by Lynne from New Mexico on 10/12/2006. Trim: 2006 Mercury Mountaineer Luxury 4.6L AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is such a tremendously smooth ride. I love the ease of handling and all of the options. I had a 2000 Excursion Limited and worried about downsizing but have been thrilled with this SUV. It is so easy to drive and park and it has everything on it that I could possibly want. I looked at every SUV out there before I bought this one and I just couldn't pass up the price with everything I got on it. I also found the Mountaineer to be a much better ride than the Tahoe, Yukon, Toyata Highlander and Sequoia. I highly recommend this SUV to anyone who is looking for a superior car.
Cons: The only thing that I would change is the way the headrests are positioned on the middle seat because it causes a blind spot for the driver. I rarely have anyone riding in the 2nd or 3rd seat so the way I handle this is to lower the headrests. It works fine for this and when I do have passengers in these seats, I am just extra careful when I have to look back!
Overall review: This is a 10 out of 10 ride! If you want an absolutely fun SUV drive, don't hesitate to purchase the Mountaineer. You won't be sorry!
This isn't your mama's SUV by Congaboy1 on 12/21/2005. Trim: 2006 Mercury Mountaineer Premier 4.6L 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: what i enjoy about this vehicle is how smooth it rides, the ease of acceleration, the sheer quitness of the vehicle. it feels like you are riding in a Luxury SUV for half the price. the all new interoir leaves nothing left to be desired. this is a great vehicle.
Cons: the only thing i dislike about the vehicle is the placement of underneath door handle. When I open the door it sometimes feels like the door is going to get away from me and ding the car beside me. However, I am getting use to the new set up.
Overall review: the all new Mercury mountainneer is for the family that needs the 3rd row seat but doesn't want a huge bulky, slow, Suv. this vehicle moves and provides every necessity for the growing family.