2006 GMC Sierra 1500

2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Prices
2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Fuel Economy
Sierra Heaven. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/23/2006. Trim: 2006 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE1 Crew Cab 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Smoothest ride than any other I have test drove (ford, dodge, nissan, toyota), the 5.3l V8 accelerates great for its size and puts out good gas mileage around 15-17.5 give or take traffic conditions, comfort is better than any other truck I test drove. Dual climate zones is a highlight as well. Option for radio controls for rear seat that is separate that front is awsome. PLENTY OF ROOM in cewcab! Wonderful. Great handling and turning radius.
Cons: The only thing that I do not like about my Sierra Z-71 is the fact that the interior decor is bland. No chorme, colored, or wood details. As far as decor I liked the Ford the best.
Overall review: Overall, I think that my Sierra z-71 puts out the most for my money. Overall power with comparative engine size is awsome. Gas Mileage is better than expected (not 22 mpg but still better). Ride is GREAT...smooth. Handling, steering, turning is great. Only downer was the interior decor...it could be polished alittle more. Other than that I feel my truck would run over any other ford, dodge, or competitor.
The ultimate truck by Robo on 08/04/2012. Trim: 2006 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Ext. Cab Short Bed 4WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: I have driven my 2006 gmc sierra since October 2005, now have over 100,000 miles, I have only changed the tires and a battery. I bought a 2012 Gmc Sierra because I liked the 2006 so much. The steering and handling on the 2006 is much better. I kept the 2006 and gave it to my son. We have now traded. I am driving the 2006 again. The fuel econmy in the 2006 is better by half a mile per gallon. I live in a hilly area and the fuel economy is 16 mpg for a 4X4. SO easy to work on changing oil etc. This truck is a gem and will stay in the family. Currently looking for a low mile 2006 to replace the 2012. It's a shame GMC has gone backwards on their new model.
Cons: Had the intermediate shaft fixed in 2007, and the finish on the radio dials and steering wheel controls is peeling, The truck has been wonderful
Overall review: If you want to get one of these used do it
Better Than Most! by KYKIDD66 on 01/15/2012. Trim: 2006 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE2 Ext. Cab 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great power & gas mileage. Looks great & has a smooth ride.
Cons: Headliner has seperated from the seams. GMC finally came out with the fix for the intermediate steering column rattle. Pinion seal failed & wouldn't allow truck to engage into 4x4.
Overall review: Would recommend over most other truck. I owned a Dodge but had nothing but brake problems with it.
great truck by Pat Toronto on 04/20/2007. Trim: 2006 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Crew Cab 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: power from fairly fuel efficent 5.3l
Cons: you have noway of turning off auyo headlights
Overall review: the truck is rliable and is capable of towing my 25' boat around with little effort with the family cab package it keeps the kids happy in the back
GMC FAMILY by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/17/2007. Trim: 2006 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Crew Cab 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: GAS MILEAGE IS GREAT FOR A 4X4,I AM GETTING 19/17
Cons: WISH IT HAD A POWER OR SLIDDING BACK WINDOW
Overall review: GREAT TRUCK