2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Prices
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Fuel Economy
Cheaper built by dissatified in Kansas City on 10/11/2006. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS Ext. Cab 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I have owned chevy trucks for 30 yrs. because of the looks,.
Cons: I have owned chevy trucks for 30 yrs. and this one is the first one that i consider sub standard . it is no comparison to my 01 i had . this truck is cheaper built, more noisier ,less power and gas milage is not as good.get a lot of wind noise and road noise.i dont think that for 30,000 ,dollars it is worth it..
Overall review: not as good as it once was.
"winner eitherway" by Eagle36 on 01/02/2006. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 Crew Cab 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I recommend this vehicle to anyone looking to buy a truck. Although, the FORD F-150 is also a beautiful truck as well, the Silverado is more comfortable, with a smoother ride than the F-150. The Silverado's interior is a bit more rich than the F-150, and the suspension handles better also. Acceleration was better with the Silverado, but maybey because I test drove the 5300 against the 4.6 Ford.
Cons: You can quickly tell by sitting in an F-150 that the interior is built for durability. I though I was sitting in public transportation when I sat down in it. Not so with the Silverado. The Silverado was much more comfortable. If I had to say something negative about this vehicle, it would be the seats. I don't know how durable those soft seats will last before my bottom numbs on a long drive.
Overall review: At these prices no one can really go wrong in buying either truck. They are both comprable vehicles only individual tasts and legacy seperate these trucks. But if you really want to know how these truck compare I'll tell you. The Ford is like that attractive house wife who will love you, have your kids, make your dinner when you get home and loyal even when you neglect her. You only appreciate her when she's gone and thats it. The Silverado is also all those things but on the week end you take her out and show her off.
The Workhorse Truck by George from Florida on 03/24/2011. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 Crew Cab 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I love the styling of this truck with it's sleek lines and intimidating look. It rides great and can tow a lot of weight for a half ton. I had always wanted a Z-71 and I am glad I finally have one. The sound system is awesome and after 5 years, she is still going strong.
Cons: After two years, the AC went out and after three years, the front end hub assembly went out without ever being off road, which my mechanic found odd. All have been replaced and works great today. I knew the gas would be bad at 15.9 mpg, but even after a 3" lift with new rims and 35" tires, I now get 15.7 mpg.
Overall review: I will own this truck for ten years or more, just like my last one, a 1995 GMC, which I traded in for this one. Yes, you may have to suffer through the gremlins that go through your systems from time to time. If you take care of your Chevy, she'll bring you home everytime!!
"An american bully" by Jt az on 04/19/2006. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD LT2 Crew Cab 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I can tow anything I want its a truck not a car with a bed its bully and i have had 0 problems with it ill take it over any other truck out there.Plus ITS AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!have some loyalty
Cons: it doesnt make me a sandwich when im hungry
Overall review: fantastic TRUCK its a real deal truck not something cute that car people think is neat can go any where do anything you need from a truck.Awsome not a trend it gets the job done.If you want a truck this is what you buy.
GOOD PURCHASE by JERRY BROOKSVILLE FL on 12/01/2011. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I LIKE THE OVERALL STYLE COMFORT EASE OF DRIVING VISABILTY ECONOMY
Cons: I LIKE THE OVER ALL TRUCK
Overall review: THE TRUCK HAD OVER 100,000 MILES STILL A GOOD RUNNER ONLY NEW TIRES BREAK PADS SPARK PLUGS