2006 Chevrolet Malibu

"Not Just Another Used Car" by Shedding the Mommy/Taxi Vehicle on 05/07/2011. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I like how the car handles the road. It has very good steering. It has pretty good gas mileage for a not so large car. I bought it used and have little or no problems. I actually bought it for my kids to drive-- they never got a chance. I kept this car for me. I think the value is good also-I purchased my Malibu a year ago- its still worth almost exactly what I paid for it. The insurance rates for it are also good. I like driving period and this car was/is no disappointment. The interior room is pretty good also- three adult sized people fit nicely in the back!
Cons: I don't really have any 'cons'. Maybe one con would be the brakes can be touchy- but are still tons better than I ever had with my Ford Taurus or Windstar.
Overall review: According to my husband..... I tend to get tired of whatever car I am driving--rather quickly. I still really like this car and plan to keep it just a little longer than some I have driven in the past. Which is kind of funny because I think I have had maybe 18 different brands of cars in 24 years of being married. I like to drive this car- it does have quite a smooth ride, with a quiet, roomy, and comfortable interior. I also love my remote start! I also don't feel quite 'so mommy' in this vehicle.
Excellent Value, Very low maintenance costs. by Don CO Buick on 10/25/2008. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ, Owned 3 years.
Pros: after 190,000 miles i have not had one repair--i.e., zero repair costs. Maintenance costs are very low, tune up and first set of brakes at 150,000. Total maintenance costs are approx $4 per 1,000 (not including tires).
Cons: the low profile tires do not wear well. I am currently running Goodyear's rated at 80,000 miles, and believe i can attain this. the previous tires, only lasted about 50,000 miles and were rated for 60,000 miles. My prior experience with more typical sized tires, is that i can attain the mileage they are rated for or better.
Overall review: the car is very comfortable to drive for 6 hours a day. the heated leater is great. the traction of the car in CO is superb--i have yet to be stuck and drive over high mountain passes on average twice a week.
good economical car by tgcjr on 07/19/2008. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I drive 800-900 miles a week and average 29+ mpg, over 66,000 trouble free miles. I'm 6'2" and have plenty of legg room, the tilt and tellescope wheel and power seat make seating comfort good, 2 trip od's are great to keep track of different jobs, has several 12volt plugs,
Cons: Other than the normal GM poor rotors I replaced at 22,000 miles that GM would not warranty I have had no problems with this car
Overall review: This is a good car to work out of, it has great economy, room and power. The 12volt plugs and the Onstar phone are good values. I have bought GM products sense 1987 when I got out of College but have worn tired of there dealers not standing behind there brake rotor problems, I may switch to a new brand next time
My Mali by Me from Wisconsin on 04/16/2008. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Malibu LS, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The car looks great, very roomy, huge trunk space. Radio/CD player controls on steering wheel.
Cons: Umm, let's begin with the many many times it has had to go to the shop, not to mention the part that there is no fix for at this time, GM has to reengineer the part, it causes the car to shake at slower speeds. I have had a lot of parts replaced in this car.
Overall review: I love the car except for it's obvious parts problem, if you are to buy this car make sure you have a warranty!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Burgendy Malibu by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/09/2007. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Good power and fuel economy with V6. No mechanical problems. Looks classy in burgandy. Remote start comes in handy on cold Western PA mornings. Safety (see below)
Cons: Heavy torque-steer under hard acceleration. Manual driver's seat on "Loaded" LT (V6, ABS, Traction Control, Sunroof, XM radio, etc...)
Overall review: Bought used from rental company with 23k on clock. Owned for 8 months and 10k miles before hitting a white tailed deer head-on doing 60 mph. Whole front end was severly damaged, but repairable and I was unhurt (most cars would have been totaled).
Review ID: #519673 Is this review offensive?