2006 Ford Focus Wagon

2006 Ford Focus Wagon Prices
2006 Ford Focus Wagon Fuel Economy
Great wagon ,will keep it until the weels fall off by Father of 3 from Cincinnati on 03/07/2008. Trim: 2006 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SES, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Great handling and comfort, good engine performance and problem free ownership up to now (33K miles)
Cons: Interior trimming could be better.
Overall review: This car was a great alternative to an SUV when we bought it. Not only in fuel savings and pricing but also in comfort and style. We are a family of 5 and our 3 kids are very comfortable in the back seat. I also have much more fun and mobility driving it around. I recommend it.
GET ONE! by Jeff from ottawa on 01/16/2007. Trim: 2006 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SES, Owned 1 year.
Pros: handles like a snake in water
Cons: some of the trim on this model is a little creaky and needs 'tightening'
Overall review: great car, great cargo space, good on gas
This is a keeper for me by Bobby B, Melbourne Beach, Fl on 11/12/2013. Trim: 2006 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Didn't expect to like a small car. I'm a loyal full size PU trucker and have owned three 93/96 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagons. This little gem is peppie, fun to drive, has loads of room and the best driver I've ever owned. Took it from Melbourne Florida to Portland Maine this August with confidence and documented 31 mpg. I've owned the car for 15 months. Second owner, I purchased for $8400 (a bit high) w/76k... now has 87k. This is a keeper for me but resale is hanging in there.
Cons: I'll never like the racket 4 bangers make but even the lux models sound the same. I'm retired and typically only drive 3k annually these days. I can deal with it. I'm getting the Battery symbol indicating an alternator issue (reported by others)but I'm ignoring it because the battery tests fine and it starts every time on half a turn. The alternator is beast to remove but one day I'll pull it and clean inside out...bet the light goes out.
Overall review: In 53 years of driving and owning everything from a 1950 Ford Business Coupe, 1965 Corvair, 74,75 and 79 Corvettes, 1982 Chevette. Pontiac GPs, Park Avenues and then mostly Ford F150s or GMC Sierra pickups this car is actually a delight and easy to own.
All Around Good Car, Comfortable to drive, Carries a LOT of "stuff" by Leepnow--Tampa Bay on 01/02/2013. Trim: 2006 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SES, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Fun and comfortable to drive. Economical for its size. Maintenance is limited and not really expensive, although with all electronics on this car you should probably have a mechanic do it. Paint seems to hold up well even through years of car washes. GREAT VISIBILITY even for short people. Interior offers everything accessible while keeping hands on the wheel. The little storage bin between the front bucket seats is handy and a comfortable arm rest. AC gets really !! cold quickly.Handling is very responsive, both in town and on the road. Like Timex, the little engne keeps on ticking. Im 75 y/o female and must have a reliable car, and generally this fits the bill.
Cons: Im on third alternator in 4 years. And once when they brought it in for replacement, they had to go through three of them in order to get one that worked--and these were newly rebuilt by Ford. Ford people tell me this is a common problem. The factory tires on this are a joke, so get them replaced ASAP. As for the noisy brakes, this is a quirk of this model but in no way affects safety. I prefer better quality pads which is part of the reason for the noise. Timely maintenance is important for this car. I wouldnt own it without the ext warranty because of all the electronics . I have had an intermittent short from the door indicator which no one seems able to fix but Ford keeps trying.
Overall review: I got this car used from original owner in 08, with low mileage and excellent maintenance records. Ive used it in all kinds of settings and never found it lacking other than it could stand a bit more low-end pickup, but then again it is a compact with automatic. The large wagon back area is great for napping when fishing, carries a lot of "stuff" and is easily accessible. Seats go up and down easily which makes it a perfect woman's car. The sound system was surprisingly good and gas mileage hasnt decreased hardly at all during the time Ive owned it. I really like the extended maintenance schedule - 90K on plugs and wires, no replacement air filter with normal operation, etc. Ive found it interesting that there are very few of these cars available used, and come to find out that people that get them just dont let them go. If you can find one, get it.
The Complete Car/Wagon by Limeyde from Florida on 11/19/2011. Trim: 2006 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SE, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I bought this Car New in Feb of 2006, I am a retired Ford Auto Mechanic of some 40 years both side of the Atlantic, My last Dealership lasted 26 years and 10 months, retiring in 94 This Car has been almost perfect from day one, If you look after it, it will be very dependable, I have only 44K on the speedo, so we do not drive many miles per Year The only problems so far was a Idler pulley was noisy, and a A/C Clutch Seal leaked, both problems were fixed under warranty, I did purchase the Extended Warranty when buying the Car, as far as I am concerned well worth the piece of mind, average 27-34MPG. Do all my own Maintenance, Tires,O/F.(Amsoil Synthetic)
Cons: the only thing I would improve, more Insulation in the Interior to combat road noise on the Highway.
Overall review: A very good Car/Wagon for the price. F O R D (first on race day)