2006 Chevrolet Impala

nice rental or fleet car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/30/2011. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Impala LTZ, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Comfort, styling
Cons: transmisson slips when the weather is cold and dealer cannot find a problem---power steering went out out 80,000---lot of rattles and noises
Overall review: roomy ,but too many little issues after 50,000
The newest "SS" by Scott on 01/05/2006. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Impala SS, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Loads of power, good handling and great styling. The leather interior is beautiful and roomy.
Cons: Doesn't have automatic climate control even available as an option on any level trim and it gets a lot less MPG than listed on sticker. 12 to 14 in the city at most driving normal. Also, should have universal garge door opener, auto dimming rear-view mirrors and heated outside mirrors standard for SS like the LTZ. Costs $240 for SS and because the color I wanted was hard to come by I went without.
Overall review: Overall this car really turns some heads. Its a luxury-type sedan that performs like a sports car. With show stopping power this Impala will do quite well.
45,000 mile review by RC from Pennsylvania on 08/16/2009. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Impala LT, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Excellent front seating room, comfort. Fuel economy.
Cons: Poor build quality. Questionable reliability. Poor brakes. Eats tires. Dismal resale value.
Overall review: Purchased my '06 Impala brand new 37 months ago and now have 45,000 miles on it. It will soon be on its 3rd set of tires despite regular tire rotations and proper alignment. I am still on the original brake pads, so I do not drive overly aggressive. The car has neeed power steering repairs, a new steering shaft, a new water pump, and the rotors resurfaced. The glossy black exterior trim is peeling. The interior has numerous rattles/pops/creaks/groans. Have been shopping for a new car, but have not found anything else enticing enough to buy despite the issues with the Impala. I don't hate my Impala, but I also don't love it. It is merely tolerable, but will have to go if the interior noises get too much worse.
Review ID: #541966 Is this review offensive?
Nice look outside/Plain inside by JAA from KC on 02/16/2009. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Impala LT, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Gas Mileage: 21.9, Auxilliary hook up for ipod, stereo sound is decent, trunk space, very comfortable seats, remote start.
Cons: power steering problems in the first year of ownership and then again in the second year, and both times were in the winter. Remotes for the remote start had to be replaced, interior appeal is of average design. If you are over 6' then you wont like getting in or out of the car. My tires have worn to quickly and I only have 27K miles in 2yrs 7mths. Also, had problems with the brakes shaking when I would slow down on the highway.
Overall review: As long as you get the problems taken care of through the warranty then I would reccommend this car to all people under 6ft.
What else? by Kristi from North Dakota on 01/19/2009. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Impala LS, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I do like the update to the interior and the dashboard as compared to the old Impalas. Good gas mileage.
Cons: Oh where should I start. I've had more problems with this car in 13 months than I ever did for my 11 year old Malibu. 1 month after I purchased it, I had a power steering fluid bubble. Then my air conditioner quit (its recalled!! check it out!!). I also already have rust spots on parts of the chrome. I don't like the gear shift on the steering column--hard to put into neutral when its icy...which is necessary in North Dakota. And now...my power steering pump is almost out. And I'm only at 45,000 miles. Yee-haw. I know now why GM is in the toliet.
Overall review: Will never buy another Impala again.