1997 Geo Metro

1997 Geo Metro Prices
1997 Geo Metro Fuel Economy
Great Little Buggy by Syracuse NY on 08/02/2001. Trim: 1997 Geo Metro 2-Door Hatchback, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Best car I ever owned. Cheap to buy, Cheap to operate. No major problems.
Cons: Spark plug wires went at 55K. 2nd gear syncronizer went at 75k. Now I just double clutch when downshifting into 2nd.
Overall review: I hope they(suzuki) keep making them so I can get another when I need it.
Review ID: #191933 Is this review offensive?
The Coolest Car Ever by Hotboy007 on 05/23/2003. Trim: 1997 Geo Metro LSi 2-Door hatchback, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Every thing about the car is a pro! Awsome Gas, Great power, looks are sweat!!!
Cons: Only one problem. I couldnt fit many girls in the car. And trust me, with a car like this every girl wants a ride!
Overall review: I wish a I had a million of these cars to give to all my friends. I am sold, the geo metro was and is the best car on the market! Screw BMW!
El Metrito by Heidi from Ohio on 02/12/2004. Trim: 1997 Geo Metro LSi sedan, Owned 7 years.
Pros: The fuel economy on this baby makes up for the general repair work that must be done. I can fit five people in it and still have room to pack their stuff in the back. It's also great because it doesn't shake at 65 mph like my old Colt. There is one more plus: I can park it anywhere! The tires don't wear fast, nor does the battery. Only one new battery in 7 years, not bad. The synthetic oil has got to be the key to the last 184,000 miles!
Cons: At 184,000 miles, it's time to do general maitenence. I installed a new fuel pump and filter, battery and a tune up. It still needs the axels repaired and the ignition coil replaced, but I'll do that soon. It's tough to keep her straight, as well, when passing semi's. Maybe the axel work will help with that.
Overall review: This car is such a little speed demon and gas goddess that it makes buying a new car hard. I know that I can get more miles out of her if I'm patient. If you're looking to buy one, make sure you know her history. That has made all the difference with the work that I've done on my Metrito.
It just keeps on ticking by Noel from Oklahoma on 02/05/2004. Trim: 1997 Geo Metro LSi 2-Door hatchback, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Good solid economic car. I have 180,000 miles on mine and drive it approximately 190 miles per day. Interior in good cond. still. I have changed the front brakes but the back ones are still OK.
Cons: I had some trouble with the engin at 150,000 miles. the skirt of one of the pistons broke off and the rest had stress cracks in them. I replaced the pistons and now have 170,000 miles and doing ok. The key will no longer turn in the hatchback and I have to open it from the inside. The shocks that hold up the hatchback have started to rattle and probably need replacing.
Overall review: I am satisfied with the preformance of the car. Even though the engin had to have a major overhaul at 150,000 miles, the actual wear was minimal inside the motor. I have not had any problems with the transmission yet but anticipate it to go out next. The cars are not all that attactive, but are surely not the ugliest things on the road. The gas milage makes up for any other shortcomings the car has.
A go fit Car by Todd Mann on 12/28/2002. Trim: 1997 Geo Metro LSi 2-Door hatchback, Owned 5 years.
Pros: looks
Cons: looks
Overall review: It got body