2006 GMC Canyon

2006 GMC Canyon Prices
2006 GMC Canyon Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6  Next
Piece of Junk by Patricia on 09/16/2011. Trim: 2006 GMC Canyon SLE1 Crew Cab 2WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: The only thing that I like about this vehicle is the look of the outside and the roomy interior.
Cons: EVERYTHING ELSE! I have had nothing but problems since I bought the truck. At 100K, I had to have the entire top end of the motor rebuilt. I started experiencing problems with the motor running rough at 65K miles. I contacted the GMC warranty company who had sent me a letter about potential problems. They said I could not report the problem until it actually happened. When the failure happened, they would not honor the warranty because it was over mileage. I had to return back to the dealer I bought it from and threaten to court to court. They finally wen ahead and honored PART of the problem because I had a picture on my cell phone showing the mileage when I started having problems.
Overall review: HOWEVER they made me pay $1400 in labor. CROOKS! I will NEVER buy another GMC ever. My check engine light STILL comes on, my AC does not work. I have had the CD player fixed twice and it is broken again! The front end makes this horrible noise and I have brought it in 5 times for this same thing. Piece of junk. I am going to file a lemon law suit against GMC!
TRUSTYWORTHY by AL FROM THE GREAT WHITE NORTH on 04/19/2013. Trim: 2006 GMC Canyon SL Ext. Cab 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Very responsive strong engine that gets good gas mileage. Solid drivetrain that can handle everything I throw at it. Very reliable, always starts, has never left me stranded.
Cons: There is nothing I dislike about this truck.
Overall review: I live in norhern Canada and often have to drive out in the country in -35f weather. I never worry for a second that it will leave me stranded. If it did I could die.
Review ID: #571969 Is this review offensive?
Cheap Truck - Great MPG by Eric in a northern sub of the Motor City on 08/20/2009. Trim: 2006 GMC Canyon SLE2 Crew Cab 2WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I have the 3.5L automatic & get great MPG, ie: highway - 25mpg @ 55mph, 23 @ 70mph / city - 20 to 22mpg I can tow a 2 place enclosed snowmobile trailer @ 60mph & still get 17mpg Braking/ABS is the best of any vehicle I've owned
Cons: Seats aren't very comfortable on trips. Doors don't swing close easily, takes a good push, then it slams closed way too hard for such a light door. Don't like all the wipers/cruise cramped on the end of the turn signal. I weigh 180 lbs and just leaned lightly against the rear 1/4 while talking and it dented in & popped out leaving a wave that I wasn't happy about. Had a rattle in the door from new, took it to dealer, came back louder than B4 they worked on it. Dealer said bring it back again, I fixed it myself as usual.
Overall review: Great gas mileage & overall performance. Not the most comfortable or user friendly truck. After owning it for a few years I realize how cheap its put together. I had 2 Dakotas B4 this truck & my next truck will be another Dakota. < much more durable, better ride, much more comfortable, I'll live w/2mpg less overall
Review ID: #542065 Is this review offensive?
What a TRUCK! by Barry from Plano on 08/23/2006. Trim: 2006 GMC Canyon SLT Crew Cab 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Very nice ride. Excellent handling and stopping power in emergency situations. Very good acceleration and gas mileage. Interior design is excellent, well laid out and convenient. Very nice sound system. Solid feel all round.
Cons: Size takes some getting used to after having full sized trucks. Needs more head room. Needs to reposition seat heater switch. Head rests on rear seats blocks view out back.
Overall review: I selected truck mainly for gas mileage and looks. But overall I am very satisfied with my selection. The consumer reports review could not be of the same vehicle. It is obvious they didnt drive it. The handling of this vehicle is exceptional especially in emergency situations and I should know I live in the Dallas-Ft. Worth metro area. The gas mileage is far better than any of the foreign trucks Consumer Reports shills for. The interior appointments are well designed and well made. The doors close with a nice solid "thunk". I feel safe and secure in my vehicle. Also the dealer was the best.
A Ultimate Truck by James on 03/08/2006. Trim: 2006 GMC Canyon SL 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Way Better than competation.. Milage 27 plus everyday.
Cons: Consumers reports doesn't know what they are doing...
Overall review: I have owned many foreign and domestic auto and find the domestic auto being much superour to the foreign in. Ride, comfort gas millage and mantaince. I have a Chevy with over 200,000 miles and still get 30 mpg on the highway for a Chevy caprice. I really do not beleive consumer reports and think that they actually need to read there own info and quit slanting the truth. PS I do not own a GMC Canyon but a friend does. I have owned several Full sized GMC Sierra and gotton 23 to 26 mpg and my Toyota never could get 24 mpg, it averaged about 18 and my GMC never got below 21 no matter how I drove it.
2 3 4 5 6  Next