2006 Chevrolet HHR

A gret little car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/16/2009. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet HHR LT, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I love the quality and dependability.i have 94,000 miles on this car. Its been in the shop on 1 warenty issue.
Cons: The only thing I could think about is the head room.
Overall review: 30 mles to the gallon on average (highway) Wy wife has got as high as 36. It has great pick up,though would buy the turbo SS versoin next time. Great car would buy again
Review ID: #541961 Is this review offensive?
Can't Say Enough Good Things by HHR Fan on 12/04/2008. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet HHR LS, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Great on gas. Reliable. Lots of room for a small car. Very safe. Stylish.
Cons: Nothiong bad to say.
Overall review: I liked this car so much I bought my wife a new 2008 and she love the car. Kids love it for it;s look and the way it drives.
Great all around vehicle!! by Howard from Cochran, GA on 07/31/2008. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet HHR LT, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This car has a great look and feel when driving. The accelration is good and the mileage is great. I've put nearly 60,000 miles on mine in just over 2 years with no problems, including several long trips. The car rides comfortably on long trips without making me shift around a lot in the seat. I've had a tow package installed on mine which works great for my 4' X 8' trailer. Great for towing my riding mower, my bike, an ATV or other loads. The cargo capability is great, especially the ability to fold down the front passenger seat to haul lumber or other long items.
Cons: The blind spots! They are huge and cars can disppear in them. I've learned to look carefully before proceeding. I also added convex mirrors to my side mirrors to help with changing lanes. The front windshield is too low, when at a traffic light I have to lean to the side in order to see the traffic light if I'm in the front of the line. I would like to have seen a 6 cylinder available, with all the cargo and trailering ability, a stronger engine would have been nice. The car also needs more and better placed cup holders. If you have more than one child you have no where for them to set their drinks since there is only one cupholder available in the back.
Overall review: Overall, I love this car! I get good reactions from people and I love being able to brag about the gas mileage and comfort. I can haul stuff like the 42" TV, in the box, that I bought shortly afterward or hauling lumber up to 8' for a lot less money than driving a truck would cost in gas.
Great car with lot's of character by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/07/2008. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet HHR LT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great ride, good handling, excellent gas mileage. Extremely comfortable. Very powerful for it's size. I got the 2.4 motor. Loaded car for very little money. Great sounding stereo. Standard MP3 slot for Ipod or other player. I average 26-28 in town 32-34 on the highway. Get lots of comments and looks.
Cons: No dome light above the front seats. Can't turn on the interior lights from the front seat. Brake rotors warp easily. Window switches in a bad spot. Cupholders not in a good area. Wife spilled a can of coke first time trying to put it in the cupholder. Automatic shifter had to be adjusted twice. Car really needs mudflaps. The paint at the front of the rear fenders is scuffed due to rock chips from the front tires.
Overall review: I drive 35k to 40k miles per year. This is a great car. I plan on changing the brake rotors soon and having another dome light installed above the front seats. Other than that, this car is better than any car I've owned. What a deal for the money. 350 miles per tank driving around town in heavy traffic. And the ride is better than many bigger cars.
THE MUST HAVE VEHICLE FOR RETRO LOVERS. by Arries Santa Clarita, California on 10/21/2006. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet HHR LT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The retro styling as well as the many options you can order. The car is eyecatching as their is nothing else on the ride quite like it.
Cons: The lack of leg room and roof height. People over 6'3 myself being 6'5 can get uncomfortable at times as my knees touch the radio. Their is an option though it costs $1,500.00 that gives you 4 inches roof height and 7 inches of leg room, the same people who modified Shaquiles Bentley will be doing it to my vehicle next month.
Overall review: I highly recommend buying this vehicle, dont waste your time on a P.T. cruiser or an ugly!! Scion this is the only choice for lovers of the retro look.