1996 Geo Tracker

1996 Geo Tracker Prices
1996 Geo Tracker Fuel Economy
Great Fun truck by Tony on 07/25/2007. Trim: 1996 Geo Tracker 2-Door 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love the tight turning ability, and it is fun to drive.
Cons: Need more power
Overall review: I plan to set it up fro serious 4-wheeling. great little car, best kept secret.
Works fine for us! by Michael from Kansas City on 03/30/2004. Trim: 1996 Geo Tracker LSi 4-Door 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: It has never failed us.
Cons: Not enough power.
Overall review: No major complaints, but I can't say I would rave about it either. It is underpowered but it's not a 'Vette either. It gets ok gas mileage. We moved recently and this thing could haul a load without complaining. Have always been pleased with 4 wheel drive function. 132,000 miles with no major problems speaks for itself.
Great reliability by Munchieland on 12/10/2002. Trim: 1996 Geo Tracker LSi 4-Door 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: It has never given us a problem since we bought it in 1996. We've taken it from Colorado, to California, to New Mexico, to Nevada, and back again (military moves included). It's gotten us out of a Denver snow storm, with the 4 wheel drive, when everyone else were digging out their vehicles.
Cons: Not enough power to take you over higher altitudes and not much for storage space in the back. The 1997 and newer come standard with better features such as luggage rack, 5th seat belt, and more aerodynamic shaping.
Overall review: No major problems even after 160,000 miles. I get the occasional check engine soon light and that's for the scheduled maintainences though if it doesn't go away, you have to pay to get it taken off. Other than that, I had to replace the brake pads and rotor, which was expensive. My fault though, the brake light came on and I ignored it for over 4 months! Otherwise, a very reliable vehicle.
Great car if its what you want by Pepe' on 05/14/2002. Trim: 1996 Geo Tracker LSi 2-Door 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Fun car. You can see all around with the large windows. Very dependable so far. No mechanal problems to speak of. Handling is very tight. It's quick with the 5 speed manual, but not fast. It's great to have a convertable.
Cons: Minor interior issuses. Vinyl is ripping in a couple of places on door and seat. High winds tend to push it around a bit. My front end paint gets chipped freeway driving.
Overall review: Great car if you go in knowing what your buying. I'm having a great time in mine. If road noise is a concern to you I recommend getting a removable hard top for the convertable version. Cuts down noise big time and is great in the winter. I have only really noticed a loss of enginge power at high speeds (55mph +). It just accelerates slower at that point.
Fun by Ca. on 02/20/2002. Trim: 1996 Geo Tracker Convertilbe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Fun to drive in the summer, very comfortable.
Cons: Lacks power, it's cute looks makes others jealous
Overall review: A great first car for a student.