2006 GMC Envoy

2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next
A well handling SUV by RNMaxx on 11/21/2006. Trim: 2006 GMC Envoy XL SLE 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Handles well, accelerates without hesitation
Cons: Overhead console would be nice...but then again you would lose the sunroof
Overall review: Overall a fine SUV, the XL is large enough to take 7 adults and seat them comfortably, Good handling, acceleration,looks. Not much was left out. The leather interior and heated seats are quite nice. Having separate radio controls and headphones for the rear seat passengers is a definite plus. They also can control their own heat/ac as well. Overall a fine vehicle
I cant stand this car. by IvanIgor in AZ on 05/04/2012. Trim: 2006 GMC Envoy, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Nothing .it is a lemon.
Cons: As I write this I am stranded on the side of the road with a broken water pump shaft. Every thing has gone wrong with this vehicle. I would never recommend the 2006road envoy to anybody.it has spent more time in the shop and we have spent more money on it than any other vehicle we have ever owned.
Overall review: Can't stand this car.
Pros: Nothing .it is a lemon.
Overall review: Can't stand this car.
Ho hum. Well, just look at it for crying out loud! Nice performance though! by Torment Faktory on 12/20/2010. Trim: 2006 GMC Envoy SLE 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Surprising performance. Acceleration and torque are much higher than one would expect out of an inline 6 cylinder, which brings me to the engine. In-line 6 cylinder engines by virtue of design are inherently very reliable. It's nice to see someone in GM recognized that fact and brought it back.
Cons: Despite the reliable engine, the alternator was designed very half-assed. There is no reason that an alternator should fail within the first 100k miles in any vehicle made after 1995. In my Envoy it failed at under 45k miles. NOT cool! More importantly however is the transmission, and although it has not yet failed, it is acting like it's going to soon, plus when automatically downshifting when giving it more gas as when getting ready to pass someone, it seems to downshift past the first gear lower as it should and go straight to the next gear lower causing the engine to reach higher RPMs than would be necessary had it just shifted down one gear. Lastly, frankly, the Envoy is quite ugly.
Overall review: If you are very conservative about what vehicle you are buying and have bland taste in vehicle appearance then the Envoy is for you. I base this on the assumption that the mechanical issues I have had with mine are an anomaly and don't happen very often. Performance wise, I like the Envoy very much, but if you are into personalizing your vehicle, this is a terrible vehicle to consider. I had intended to put aftermarket rims and tires on my Envoy just to find out that doing so would have terrible effects on the vehicle's handling abilities which are pretty poor to begin with. Granted, it IS an SUV and not many SUVs are known to handle very well, but apparently with the Envoy changing the rim diameter has much more negative effect than on other SUV's. Also, if your Envoy has OnStar like mine, forget installing an aftermarket stereo system unless you're willing to shell out an extra $300 for the adapted wiring harness.
Best SUV on the market by Outdoor loving family from Denver on 07/05/2010. Trim: 2006 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. It has almost 90K (bought with 19K) miles and I have only had to replace the fuel pump. It rides great, handels very well, and has been extreamly reliable. It has great traction and stability control and plows through snow like it's not there. Had '96 Blazer before this and this Envoy is a huge step up.
Cons: Like everyone else here, I don't like the 15 mpg in the city and up to 19 mpg (usually around 17 mpg) on the highway. The lower lumbar seat control is very though to reach, especially in the winter when I have a coat on. It is too close to the door. It could have a little more highway power, but it is adequate.
Overall review: I would recommend this to anyone in the SUV market. If you have a family and/or like to do a lot of things outdoors, this car is the one. It has lots of room and is very safe. Great for long rides because it is so comfortable. I can't take long rides in any vehicle except this one.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next