2006 Chevrolet Avalanche

Best of Both Worlds by Webroamer from San Antonio on 02/29/2012. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 2WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: The ride! Very comfortable on long trips & it has taken several. We opted for the 20" wheels & tires (dealer installed). We got 65600 miles on the first set and should do the same on the next set. Very please with the handling & traction control on wet pavement. We have also used this to haul full 4'x8' sheets of plywood in the rain. A mattress totally out of the weather. Move a child to college. Hauled more than I care to remember. Pulling has been another plus, I easily added the electric brake controller to the factory installed harness. We have pulled a camper to weekend outings. And of course a boat to the lake. It is nice to throw stuff and the back and lock it up.
Cons: Wish the milage was better but I have been able to get nearly 19.5 mpg on the hwy. Not bad for a truck. The covers on the bed will leak some with a hard rain or carwash.
Overall review: The power/heated seats. The seat memory location is nice. Press a button and the drivers seat adjust the to the right position and the mirrors are set to the driver. I still like the look of my truck and still glad I bought it. If I replace it, it will be another Avalanche. The only ride for me.
MAKING LOVE TO THE TRUCK by Gator on 09/23/2013. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche 2500 4WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: I love my Chevrolet Avalanche so much, that I sit outside on my front lawn with a beer in my hand admireing the truck hours on end. I would die for my truck.
Cons: NONE!!!!!
Overall review: I want to be burried with my truck. I recommend everybody to buy one of these. If i had the money i would buy them all.
Great, unique vehicle by handmanNY on 05/29/2013. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Overall this vehicle has been fantastic. completely satisfied with it. Fits a family of 5 easily. Very comfortable ride. Quiet. Powerful. Pulls my boat effortlessly. I would absolutely buy another one. Too bad they are ending production.
Cons: Just a couple of things... 1st of all the rear tailgate mechanism has always been a problem-- not latching, unable to lock/unlock. Ive had it replaced twice and it just returns. Also some issues with headlight mounts breaking
Overall review: Overall a great vehicle. I will drive my avalanche into the ground and I hope that wont be for another several years. I have 130K miles so far and no problems. Too bad theyre not going to make them anymore
The Ultimate Truck by Chevyman for Indiana on 07/19/2011. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Ability to fit a 4 foot by 8 foot sheet of plywood in the bed. The ride and comfort is outstanding for a 4x4. This mid-size truck handles and rides very well. Lots of room in the front and back seats, comfortable for all. Unique and perhaps one the most attractive truck on the road. Great versatility and as luxurious inside as the Cadillac Escalade. I love the option of using 4 wheel drive or all wheeel drive (Not available on Cadillac Escalade). The LT/Z71 package with upgraded interior is a must have, the leather seats are very comfortable and have great lumbar support. The 5.3 V8 has a lot of power and still gets 18 mpg. It has outstand towing capacity with the factory towing package.
Cons: The factory running boards are a bit to close to the body for me. Kinda of hard to get my big feet on them as good as I would like.
Overall review: The sunroof gives off very little noise at highway speeds. We got just about every option including NAV and the DVD. The DVD player, rear radio and rear air controls keep my daughter happy. The MPG is actually excellent for a 5700 lb. loaded 4x4 truck. Unique and great versatility. Love the truck. If you get chance take one for a test drive and have them show you how the bed turns into a long bed. We bought this one used and still have not have any real problems with it. It now has about 91,000 miles.
Finally a midsize truck worth owning. by PerfectReign from Los Angeles on 09/19/2006. Trim: 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This midsize truck is very capible and handles well. It is roomy (I'm 6' 4") and comfortable for all. It is very versatile with the covered rear - much like a pickup - and the front-end of a suburban. Gas mileage is great - I've been averaging 18mpg for the first five fill-ups.
Cons: The tailgage doesn't latch with the key FOB and it did not come with a rear view mirror. This is something that GM should include.
Overall review: Great truck for those who want a true SUV.