2006 Volvo V50

Fast mom car by skierdad on 11/02/2009. Trim: 2006 Volvo V50 T5 AWD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Fun car, good for the Highway. No issues so far.
Cons: Paint is nice (black) but could use a few more coats? Still nice though. Little viberation at 1500 rpm in the cold.
Overall review: I like it. Better yet mom likes it.
So wonderful, I just bought my third !!! by K.P. from Solvang, CA on 05/19/2009. Trim: 2006 Volvo V50 T5 AWD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Wonderful Handling, Good Gas Mileage, Great Power, Reliable
Cons: Road Noise over 60 MPH
Overall review: This is now our third V50, after purchasing our first 05, then loving it so much we bought another shortly after. This one has been racking on the miles. As of now it has 121,304 miles on it, and it has never had one single issue. It starts like a champion, and even on super steep roads on 110 degree days it just keeps on going. The interior is very nice and comfortable. The audio system is sometimes a little fussy, but it is rare and not that big of a deal really. The back seats are a little small as with all our V50's but this one has the black meshy fabric, which is surprisingly great. It is cool and breathes well so your back doesn't get hot on long trips. And I quite appreciate the about 30 MPG i get on long trips. It only takes about 21 dollars to fill up and it gets me all the way to Chico, CA (a weekly commute) and I still have some gas left over. On thing I really like it the AWD, it works wonders. Overall this is a great car, or else I never would have got 3 of em'
Mom-Mobile by Soccer-Mom-ing it in Western PA on 08/19/2007. Trim: 2006 Volvo V50 T5 AWD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Sporty feel with luxury trim, handles corners well, tight steering, really comfortable seats. Alot of fun to drive! Pretty quick acceleration.
Cons: I would love an Mp3 line (aux line), I'm only getting 19.5 MPG in the city, the rear headrests must be removed to lower the rear seats, the heat/ac fan seems loud, and there are more blind spots than in my old car, which was an Acura TL.
Overall review: Overall I am very happy with my V50, which I've owned since 12/2005. I had an Acura TL before and it took some time to adjust to this car, which was my first european vehicle. I bought the V50 because I now live on the side of a cliff and need AWD for the winter. The AWD works great in the snow and the convenience of a wagon has been great. I have the built in booster seats which are very convenient and have enough room for my two preschool- aged children and their "stuff." The V50 will hold 2 children in boosters and 1 baby seat in the middle, or 2 booster seat children and an 80+ lb child in the middle (not very comfortably, though), or 3 baby carseats (tightly). I didn't want a big SUV and I am really not a sedan person, the wagon just fits my lifestyle better. Other wagons I seriously considered: Audi (too expensive), Subaru (my last resort), Volkswagon Passat( V50 was better) and BMW (just out of curiousity but it was awesome)
Stylish and Practical by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/18/2007. Trim: 2006 Volvo V50 T5 AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The 6-speed manual is so fun to drive, I'm always looking for an opportunity to go somewhere. Definitely spring for the climate package (warm seats!) and the premium w/ the sunroof.
Cons: I'm not sure about the gas mileage. I watch it obsessively and rarely see it over 30mpg on the highway. Wish it was easier to lay down the back seats.
Overall review: I totally love this car! It's stylish and perfect for my lifestyle- young, single female with a large dog. It's a wagon, but doesn't drive like one.
Great for small families by Someday a convertible... on 12/12/2006. Trim: 2006 Volvo V50 2.4i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I am not a "big car" person, but I needed a car that was roomy enough for 2 adults, a child, a stroller and larger packages. The V50 fit all of my criteria and I have not been disappointed so far. I previously owned a S60, and I have found that because of the passenger door styling, it is easier getting my child in and out of his car seat in the V50. I also like the way the V50 handles corners and in general over the S60. The interior styling is great for a "lower end" luxury car and since I did not want to give up my heated seats, it was nice to find out I could still get them without the leather package.
Cons: The 2.4i is a bit sluggish if you are trying to excelerate onto the highway, and at higher speeds you sometimes need to "work" at keeping it cruising at the same speed. For myself, however, these cons did not make it worth the price of upgrading to the turbo model.
Overall review: I would definitely recommend this car to singles, couples and small families who would prefer not to drive big cars or SUVs, but would like enough space for larger packages and of course the safety that Volvo is known for.