2006 Ford Ranger

2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next
The best in the world by Mark on 01/19/2008. Trim: 2006 Ford Ranger XL SuperCab 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: THe great truck in the world
Cons: noting
Overall review: I like everthing
Review ID: #522002 Is this review offensive?
Awesome light-duty work truck by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/11/2013. Trim: 2006 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Rugged and keeps on chugging. Starts and runs great every time I turn the key. Awesome light-duty work mule.
Cons: Plain and a little boring. Noisy. Stiff steering, splashy suspension. Very basic truck.
Overall review: I LOVE MY BORING FORD RANGER! Absolutely zero trouble in 5 years of hauling and bop-around driving.
Great Lil truck by cdnchk64 on 08/21/2012. Trim: 2006 Ford Ranger Sport SuperCab 2WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Great little truck for town and city driving, easy to drive on city streets, easy to park, looks great, turns heads, (mines yellow) good gas mileage as far as a truck is concerned, box is big enough for me to haul items I purchase, or take a load to the garbage dump,I own a house to this is a trip I make at least twice a year, roomy up front , dash is simple,clean and efficient, enough space in extended cab to place shopping bags and small boxes, etc. I rarely use fold down seats in back. (no kids) but great for a couple without kids or single person. You have the option as well of installing a box cap which is smaller and lighter and makes it easier to remove when not needed.
Cons: If your packing multiple children and their belonging this may not be for you. Especially larger children. No place to install a baby carrier.
Overall review: I would recommend this truck overall for a couple or single person. Especially those that are not really interested in a car ,SUV or a larger truck. Holds its value a lot longer than most if well maintained. I would definitely purchase another but to bad Ford is discontinuing the Ranger line for the time being at least....
Great commuter that doubles as a light hauler by kdub on 07/21/2012. Trim: 2006 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: handles well, rides nice and at 30+mpg hwy it's a great truck. The 4cyl could have a little more pep, would like to see more torque down low. Drum brakes in the rear are ok but would prefer disks. The cab is quieter than our honda and subaru. Love this truck and would definitely buy another.
Cons: XLTpackage upgraded cloth seats and no lumbar support standard. Cup holders with the 5 speed are a little hard to reach.
Overall review: A great truck. The ride, fuel economy, cargo capacity, are great. The cab is so quiet and comfortable and at 30+mpg on the hwy, we tend to take the truck more often on longer road trips. The 4cyl could be use more torque at a lower rev. I only have 36k on the odometer but have had zero problems. Expect this truck to last for many years.
Review ID: #562039 Is this review offensive?
Good value by Max from Corrales on 05/08/2012. Trim: 2006 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I bought this truck used, 60,000, in 2012. I traded a 1997 Ranger, which was a great truck! So far 06 has been great. Reliable, good styling. The factory radio is great and the dash, even tho it's dated, is functional. I am glad that I stayed with Ford!
Cons: I have the 3.0 6 cly and I wish that the MPG was better.
Overall review: Over all I like the truck. Its reliable, stylish, and fun to drive
2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next