2006 Pontiac Grand Prix

Grand Prix Rocks by Girl in MN on 07/16/2008. Trim: 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: So far I love everything, not any complaints.
Cons: We were a little taken back when we realized the car had no ABS. I guess we just assumed that it would.
Overall review: Totally reccomend this car to others, I love my car. I cam from a Trail Blazer to this car and have 4 kids, with two carseats and we fit great, when its just us!
Not Bad (for a GM) by The Tooch on 03/20/2013. Trim: 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan, Owned 6 years.
Pros: The style and the handling are nice.
Cons: There is only one key hole.
Overall review: Decent car. I've had it since 2007 and have not had a problem at all with it. Not one. Of course, I baby it, knowing that it is an American car and a GM at that. I have 84,500 miles on mine and overall, I like it.
A true hidden gem. by Pontiacowner from Phoenix, AZ on 12/09/2012. Trim: 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I really like the styling of this car, i LOVE how it has a coupe look to it. Mine came with alloy wheels which is a nice addition to the car and i love the gunmetal blue color. The engine is one of GM's best, it has good acceleration and is very reliable and it does get decent mileage in the city for being a 3.8 and EXCELLENT mileage in the highway. The brakes in my car are PHONOMINAL and I’m being serious, its four disk brakes and they are really good brakes, responsive and still great after 2 years. The stock sound system is surprisingly really good and my car came with ABS and traction control which i like. I love the red glow on the dash and I LOVE the low end torque.
Cons: For a 3.8 it should have had a tad bit more horsepower and GM really a 4 gear transmission??? but hey with its low end torque so it isn’t bad and ya maybe less plastic for interior materials but hey honestly I had to write down some cons i guess and those are the only close things I can think of......oh wait i also wish it had a AUX port.
Overall review: I bought this as my first "official" car back in 2010, it was a used 2006 Pontiac. What i loved off the bat was its look and how smooth the car is. I did buy without doing any research on the car which driving it home i got a little worried but as soon as i did my research i was relived. the 3800 series V6 is one of GM's best and this car is the "sportier" cousin of the Buick lacrosse or lacurne and Buick is GM's most reliable brand. Iv had this car for two years now and my ONLY issue was a coolant leak not to long ago and hey for having it for two years and numerous road trips from phoenix AZ to California and Nevada i think that’s great! The stock sound system is great and i got the base model but my car still came with abs and traction control and side airbags and some nice rims. I love the low end torque and this car really does get good gas mileage for being a big car with a big engine. Overall i love this car and i would soo buy it again.
Grand Prix is wonderful! by shananay on 07/12/2012. Trim: 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Love my Grand Prix!! I was so afraid to buy it because it was used but have had it for 3 years and love it!! It has alot of get up and go but at times I think that the gas mileage is not as accurate as they say it is. It is a very comfortable ride, you wont feel cramped up like you do in smaller models.
Cons: The dome light is kind of far back and the switch is hard to find at night
Overall review: Wonderful car, worth the money!
Average by CTS~V Canada on 03/14/2011. Trim: 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I really like the series III 3800. The highway fuel milage is outstanding, when i need to pass another car, its right now. I love the large easy to read gauges. Its a very stable car. Great on snow and ice.
Cons: I can certainly see where GM was having quality issues. I bought the car new and the headliner has always rattled as well as the dome light, my drivers seat feels like it has a warped tin plate behind the foam and when i hit bumps or slightly shift my back it makes a "ting" sound (anyone who is in my car always asks, what was that? and i have to explain which is embarassing) Transmission cooling lines leak, The dealership admitted that thats a problem on grand prixs. My headlights aged really quickly with small almost flaky scratches, and its garaged kept. I've noticed this same problem on many other Grand Prix's aswell.
Overall review: dollar for dollar value its a good car compaired to alot of others out there. I do look forward to trading it on one of the new generation GMs.